1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strictly Roleplay, seeking players

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lokken, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] hey, I'm starting a strictly roleplay game for anyone interested. Setting would be a custom world that there's a lot more info of coming along the way and upon request. Basicly there's no rules, so it'd be.. with innovation and smart thinking that things would proceed :)

as usual, anything non-ic would be up to the GM to decide (that would be me).

This is mostly for seeing if anyone's interested. Mainly it would be happening on boards by posts.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I kinda like freeform. Count me in

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm considering. Think I'll decide when I get more info on it. :)

Still, the entire freeform thing sounds... iffy. But it should be a new thing to try.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

the continent is divided into 10 nations and a cluster of mystery isles.

I'll put up some info when I get home (just heading out).

Though they're all different. Some have more technology than others. Gunpowder would be invented a couple of decades ago, and spread to some of the nations, but not all.

Magic would have departed for the common people in a great event that few people know about. Commonly believe to be associated with the incarnation of Sith, the Lord of Evil.

what kind of characters where you thinking of?

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I'd be interested, as long as we can keep it mature. No ultimate powerhouses and no declaring actions; you declare your intention and let the DM resolve.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'd like to participate if you do it, seeing as what you have told me about your world sounds cool. I personally have played freeform in more or less "neverending story" style, with DM having the ultimate power over everything and edit function having lots of use...

(*blink*)

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmm sounds interesting...I'll decide for certain once I know more. I'm thinking of playing someone who exploits his nation's technical edge. Either an unprincipled merchant who sells firearms to bandits for over-inflated prices or a conquistador type.

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Basicly this would be crafting a story together :) instead of thinking in numbers (how high is my stats etc.) since there aren't really any numbers. The better the reasoning and description of what one does, the better the success rate would be :) or if it just seem fitting of course ;)

I think I'll locate the beginning in Hispali. One of the greater nations after magic fell.

Hispali is a refuge of a lot of races that have civilized life as a common "goal". They care for art and luxury, but pride themselves in their scientist who've constructed many impressive things. Among which is the everseeing eye of Orcinus, a grand telescope able to see across the land and to the very borders of Hispali.

Hispali is named after a dragon who taught the first people of the land to unite and survive by crafting a civilized way of life, and leave the wilderness outside the city walls. Cunning at magic, they never were reputed as craftless mages, although their luck was ill-fated in the great cataclysm, and now magic is but a memory in Hispali except for rare circumstances.
    The respect for order that is in Hispali makes the nation a very suitable place for the ambitious(sp?) to master their luck.

That was rather brief of the land I was thinking of, but either would work to start in. Will put up a map: http://www.felding.subnet.dk/map.html

Laeria would be the forest realm filled with spirits and other fey-born creatures. Zaykon is a land where some magic still roams in certain place, due to it originated there (also the land where the cataclysm took place).
    Tharkon is a land of fierce warriors that use strength, mind and cunning tactics to wage war. Often hired as mercenaries due to their supreme skill.
    Karthad is mostly scattered forest on mountain sides, it is said to be protected by nature and few dare pass into this wilderness. Although a hermit loremaster is said to live in the center mountain, Mount Zionar.

[ March 09, 2003, 03:36: Message edited by: Lokken ]

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

If you like, I will post my character here. Still not much information to go on, but it's a start. I'm guessing stuff like architecture, fashion, machines date around Elizabethan era, except for the firearms

---

Dr. Regan is a plump, short, and aging man with salt-and-pepper hair. He is a scientist at heart, and isn't willing to believe anything he sees with his own eyes. Fascinated at the world, he wishes to know plenty of things about it, but is a tad too lazy to find things himself.

One of the most intruiging things Dr. Regan has studied is magic. He dismisses the notion of magic being beyond human comprehensionl. He thinks that if it is analyzed enough, it can be explained in simple and reasonable terms.

As Dr. Regan says, "There is a reason for everything. You just have to figure it out."

(Oh, man, you're breaking down nations into alignments? Sorry, but that's just one of the things I couldn't disagree more with ;) :p )

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

dont worry about the alignments, hehe, they're just pointers as to how the government is.

Mostly there for a mental note to self, hehe ;)

and good and evil isn't something that define the cosmos as it does in d&d.

The character looks fine though :) will add some more tomorrow once I get up (off to snooze ;) )

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I think I'd go for the charming fighting well loved guy. Inspired by Rhun Gwynedd and the line 'he returned to find two very drunk and very chummy warlords.'
    I'll think up some things to make him more interesting later

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

anyone want to be the protagonist? I need a point of origin :)

EDIT:
    Will just start from Dr. Reagan.
    I'll try start it out under RC: Shia.

Brief Timeline for Hispali (some of the events will be explained further as you explore the world):

0- The coming of the dragons.
    309- The establishment of the Magi Knights.
    (512-539)- The Fell-Drake Rampage.
    (702-708)- The Zaykonian Invasion.
    (792-801)- The Thark Wars (Alzeroth's Conquest).
    802- The Disappearance of Alzeroth.
    1013- The Great Cataclysm.
    (1013-1030)- The Wars of Magic.
    1030- Incarnation of Sith.
    New time-table begins, AC, After Cataclysm.
    AC 0- The Massive Retreat.
    AC 152- Mulligan's Harbour founded.
    AC 155- Contact established with Far-East.
    AC 372- Alliance forged with Tharkon.
    AC 567- Spine of the World Orcs agree to non-hostility treaty.
    AC 603- Gunpowder discovered from Tantalos merchants.
    AC 617- Orcinus the Watcher constructs the Everseeing Eye of Orcinus.
    AC 620- Hispalic Dragoons invented.

[ March 09, 2003, 13:50: Message edited by: Lokken ]

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ricardo Fernandez is in his mid-forties but still looks as though he is about thirty, mainly due to an extravagant grooming routine. He is always well dressed, and has an immaculately trimmed goatee. As a young man, he was among the first of the Tantalos merchants to bring gunpowder to Hispali, and has numerous connections in the capital. He spends an inordinate amount of money on fine clothes, drinking and gambling, and there are rumors that his wealth does not come entirely from legal trade.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Maybe I'll just adopt the character of Lisa - a woman with a talent for guessing what people need, who seems to know just about everyone, and who always knows where to find the obscure piece of whatever that Dr. Raegan has just misplaced...

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

sounds good Ironbeard :)

Rallymama, sure thing, if you want to. Perhaps with a secret lust for adventuring, not having to walk through dusty tomes and scrolls all day long? ;)

not sure of the age difference, but perhaps Lisa could be Raegan's daughter? just ideas, dunno what C'jakob thinks of that one either since he'd be the father then :D (teehee)

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Ah, how 'bout not? The idea of having your daughter as your maid is a bit odd, anyhow.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You mention that magic is still practiced among the followers of Sith. Would it be possible to be a fallen mage, similar to this:

Baron Lemar Richardson-once a member of the ancient nobility, rumors about him have been circling for decades. Despite being a good lord to his people, he was deeply entrenched in the study of the mystical arts. Upon the collapse of magic, he chose not to follow Sith on that dark path.

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

no, magic is believed to have been destroyed once Sith was incarnated. Though some still use magic, mostly mythical persons who people aren't sure exist.
    sorry for the confusion. But I'll explain more clearly what happened a bit later, I'm currently making a website with more info on some general things, as the lands, gods, certain persons etc.

19. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I'm still interested in joining. I haven't been able to pick up much of the background... anxiously awaiting additions to the site. I'm thinking though of a hardbitten, self-sufficient wilderness type; Karthad would probably be his homeland. I'll work out more about him and post a vague description and then let you work him into the storyline (possibly as a guide for Dr. Raegan?). Cheers.

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

you're welcome. Currently I'm adding info on gods and personalities. I'll add the hispalic timeline with info on the events as well.

I'll try to see what I can do about maps, but my sis has borrowed my scanner at the moment. They will come though :) sometime later I'm afraid.

Once I'm done with adding stuff, I'll put a link later today. Else PM me with any questions you might have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.