1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stopping time

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by idoru, Aug 14, 2001.

1. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I have kagain in my party, and I have no clue where to find his lost caravan. Anyway, I thought I'd do the gnoll stronghold quest first, so that edwin wouldn't leave, and that didn't work. Now Kagain leaves within a day from my saved game in Nashkel. I suppose that's not enough to find his damn caravan, so I'm wondering if there is a way to stop the npcs little clocks that tell them to leave? Maybe in the console? I really don't wanna lose kagain, he's by far my most powerful fighter, and there's really no good replacement at this point in the game (chapter 2).

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

When you get Kagain, just go one screen north of Beregost looking for the caravan. Then he'll stay with you for the rest of the game.

3. Moridin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you can't save Kaigan you can go to High Hedge and pick up Kivan. He is an EXCELLENT archer and a decent fighter with a halberd. Ajantis, above the FAI in also a very strong fighter. By the way do you have Minsc or are you following the evil path. Edwin and Kaigan are both evil. If you don't want any "Good" characters, the only decent fighter you will be able to get is Shar-Teel, but she is in a very dangerous area for a low level party.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

BIG NASTY SPOILERS!!!

Well that area is indeed dangerous but if you can get Shar-Teel without emeting those dangerous creatures over there: Shar-Teel is in an area totally in the east. The icon of the area looks like bare land and not with much moutains, rather flat. When you enter that area you normally enter it on the west side or sometimes the south side. Shar-Teel is in the nort-west of the map, don't walk to the center, only walk close to the edge of the map. The worst you can encounter is a group of Taslois or Gnolls, and most likely you will enounter a friendly ghoul, Korax. (who is very useful in the fight against the creatures there (imminue to paralization)

Well, just walk to the north-west and tehre you'll meet Shar-Teel. She tellls that she wants to fight your best fighter. When you win she will offer to join your party.

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Indeed, I am playing evil, and I have kivan right now.. planning to dump him for shar-teel. Thanks for the advice headbanger. Buuut I still want Kaigan! the party right now consists of myself (gnomish illusionist/cleric), Branwen, Kagain, Montaron, Edwin and Kivan. So, I'm gonna get rid of kivan for shar-teel, and after that, there's really no other evil tank in the game, right?

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yes... I would advice to replace neutral Branwen for the Evil cleric Viconia who has a dexterity of 19. You can also replace Montaron for a pure thief if you want to. But I think a dual classed fighter/thief is good enough in BG1.

7. DarkCroll Banned

[​IMG] in some way i didnt find the caravan but...

fuck it i just didnt do something and he telled me that he is going to quit but he didnt

8. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] i personally wouldnt recommend Viconia. 50% magic resistance isnt worth it in this game(a pain in the _____ to heal). she is a crappy fighter(until you get the gauntlets of ogre power-long way off from where you are) with low hit points. i am playing an evil party at this time consisting of me-CE Conjurer, Shar-Teel, Kaigan, Xzar, and Montaron. I dont want Branwen because she is no better than Viconia. I carry alot of healing potions but dont use to many. We make regular trips to the temple east of beregost(gets expensive) but i am holding out for Tiax. he may or may not stay on because i dont remember his stats and i want to see how many hit points he has.

[This message has been edited by Captain Spud (edited September 09, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.