1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stones in your shoes

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Intentioner of the Damned, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Okay, this has been bugging me for some time now. I somehow manage to get a small road chipping sized stone in my shoe or trainer at least once a day.

I'll be walking along, and all of a sudden, the stone will be digging into my foot. Howdoes it get there? Does it just jump up and squeeze in by my heal? Surely the laws of probability say that this would very rarely happen!

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh now you've done it. The only one who even thinks about coming public with his worries gets as much as one stone per ONE frigging day in his shoe!? I have about 200m to walk from the subwaystation to my home when I come from work. And during this trip I get at LEAST 2 stones in my shoe. Same story when going to work in the morning. My total amount of stones in the shoes is somewhere around 5! It gets so annoying I can't even describe it. And every time when I'm in my world of imagination or listening to an emotionally strong music too.

Surely it can be for no other purpose than to prove there's someone out there watching, pestering, and laughing at ´me.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Repair the soles of your shoes.
    Don't wash your trousers with Pebbles. :grin:

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

Heh, cheers MoN. I knew i was doing something wrong! That would also explain the dents in the washing machine. :p

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Sue the street and road department for pain, suffering and mental anguish! Having stones in your shoe is a terrible way to go through life...Stop the madness - Now!

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I think the stones come in your shoes evertime you did someting wrong! It's a punishment from a higher power! The shoe is the follower of this power and so it works! The only solution: Don't wear shoes!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think they're just lying there, waiting in ambush till you come along, and when you're not looking, throw themselves ferociously at your socks, hoping they'll tumble down into the depths of your shoe. :square:

Seriously, I've often wondered how they managed to get into my relatively high shoes I've been wearing at the time, especially if I was just walking normally, not kicking up tons of pebbles by running...

8. Mortensen the Second Banned

Has anyone ever had those really annoying lumps in your sock, but when you take off your shoe there's nothing there? Almost as annoying as stones I think :grin:

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Tal, are you wearing your thigh-high stiletto heels again?!?!? Well, at least you're not getting pebbles in your shoes... ;) :lol:

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It is a well known fact that shoes are spawning points for pebbles. They are controlled by the Evil lord Pavementon who frequently stands atop his tower and shrieks into the night air
    "ArgH! My foot!"

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Here's my theory. These stones are not really stones, but tiny atoms of annoyance. They randomly collect inside your shoes, allways attracting more of them. Then, before you know it, theres a big stone in your shoe! :eek:

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's like the paperclips magicaly teleporting in planning to take over the world :eek: !

They are in legue with the Badgers I tell you! THE BADGERS!!!

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Nah, you just need new shoes

14. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Simly buy yourself a pair of Boots of Pebble Resistance. There is also a +3 model which will allow a greater resistance and a resistance to slightly larger pebbles. I'd seriously recommend those.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Maybe one day you'll find yourself the stone of good luck! Then you get +1 to your [real life analogy to saving throws].

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Have you tried wearing your shoes first then your socks? It helps... believe me, it helps. Btw, ankle socks are no good for this. :p

17. Mortensen the Second Banned

[​IMG] On a slightly related note, anyone ever found it annoying how when you swim in the sea sand gets in your pants?

18. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

You sim in the sea around england. Last time i did that i came out in a rash. Although, i'll go in the sea at Newquay coz that's the best place for the surf.

Sand in your pants. Ouch. Like the sandpaper affect - when your mum used to take you to the beach as a little kid, then rub a towel on you so hard that the sand takes off most of your skin.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I never get stones in my shoes... When the ground isn't covered in snow, I prefer to go barefoot. If I can't do that, I wear hiking shoes. With THEM, no pebble problem.

To you mundanes *psi cop voice*, I can only say that there are no pebbles.... we are affecting your mind.

(THe freaky friday is affecting my mind... I just made soup :p )

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With Elios:

Boots of Pebble Summoning.
    Each time you use the boots, you summon 2 Bullets +2. All enemies withing 40 yards suffer 3d6 +2/level Sonic damage. Save for 1/2
    Caster is slowed for 2 rounds and takes 1d4+1/level piercing damage.

Not usable by:
    Halflings

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.