1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stolen Honor

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What can i say....i'm always on the lookout for my future ex. :D

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Got me there! :o However, the "über alles" is not to be interpreted in the fashion that Germany is supposed to be superior to others but that we Germans shall work for the good of our nation above everything else!
    I know that this difference isnt known by all. :( ;)
    Alas, we are way off topic.

Edit - joacqin!! Seems like you dont know german women at all. :p

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, we're getting way off topic here, so steer back on track.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I fail to see the real connection between the two films. Or is it the people who believe that either of these films are pure fact that gives you trouble? If it's the material in the films that you object to, then each must be treated on its own merits, independent of each other. Yet, you seem to draw senseless parallels between them. Now, I can see a connection that can be drawn between them as they have a political agenda and that they are at two ends of the political spectrum. That much makes sense.

Yet, you have not proven that one or the other is more or less factual than the other; that both of them are not factual; or that both of them are factual. So, you must be saying that people who believe that either of these are factual are hypocrites; or that if some people believe that one is factual and not the other is factual that those people are hypocrites. And since you claim that you are not a hypocrite it must mean that you believe that neither of these films contain factual material. Which brings us back to the topic you created in the first place: Is it the people who watch these films, the people who made the films, or the films themselves that you object to? Or is it all of the above?

5. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Can someone - ANYONE - please explain to me why people see this kind of stuff as relevant to the election of the President? If people pardon Dubya for his terrible track record of shmoozing, boozing and running companies into the ground because of some supposedly divine revelation, why the hell is Kerry being vilified like this?

Someone, anyone, please PM me and explain why Kerry's Vietnam experience and anti-war speeches are more important than homeland security, the economy, the war in Iraq, or indeed anything else on the political landscape. I can't for the life of me figure out why this gets such prominence compared to issues of much greater significance. The bias in some media circles I understand - that makes sense. This is deeper than that - how does anyone think this is so much more relevant?

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

" don't think modesty is a typical German feat (does Deutschland uber alles ring a bell ? ). And besides, Germany has plenty of reasons to be proud"

Every country has things they would rather forget and also things to be proud of. People always give Germans hard times over WW2 but other countries have commited atrocities in more recent times.

I do think that Vietnam and Hiroshima are nothing to be proud of. There is nothing brave and 'macho' about having the biggest bombs and napalm is just cruel.

7. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Regarding atrocities supposedly committted by US forces, I ask you all to remember that throughout history and still today, HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS.

:thumb: I can't read Latin, but an excellent comment. Sadly, it seems that the concept of "us" is invaribly followed by the concept of "them", and of course, politicans win because they are skilled manipulators so having a concept of patriotisim is very useful from their point of view.

Heh, Political Punchups.
    Round 1:
    John Kerry|----VS----|George Bush
    Round 2:
    George Bush|----VS----|The World

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.