1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Starting over from BG1 till ToB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, Sep 12, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To dual from a ranger, you need a 15 STR, DEX and CON, then a 17 in whatever the prime stat of the class your dualling to is (mage- INT). If you can dual it, be sure to post and tell us.

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Since there are 3 WIS tomes (assuming he has TotSC), he can get that WIS to 17.

3. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I do have ToTSC and I have to say I have already decided how I am going to distribute the tomes.

STR - Minsc
    DEX - Imoen
    CON - Abdel
    INT - Abdel
    WIS - All three going to Viconcia
    CHA - Imoen

I am dividing up the tomes as such because when I finally get into BG2 I will use Shadow Keeper to modify any NPC stats to what they were in BG1. I will even reduce them if necessary. I would like to play the game through with the same characters and have the stats the same throughout both games.

I have already picked up the tomes of CON and CHA and have distrubted them as mentioned. The only tome I might change my mind on is STR. But since my character already has 18/00 I am not too worried about giving the Tome to Minsc. My next task after I clear out the bandit camp and the Cloakwood Mines is to go to Durlags tower and complete those areaa. When my group is ready to go into Baldur's Gate they should all be near there maximum levels.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Bad idea. You'll need at least 15 WIS to dual a ranger, so I'd suggest giving one to Abdel and two to Viconia. My suggestions would be:

STR - Jaheira
    DEX - Minsc (boost your tanks AC and stealth)
    CON - Abdel (Once you get to the Machine of Lum the Mad, he'll have regeneration. :evil: )
    INT - Abdel (necessary for the dual to mage)
    WIS - Abdel 1, Viconia 2
    CHA - Imoen

...but that's just me. :D

5. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

I'm giving Imoen the Tome of Dex because I am keeping her as a Thief and will modify her with Shadow Keeper come BG2. Like I said I want to keep the NPC as they were in BG1. I will add spells to Edwin list because he should have all the spells he acquired in BG1. As for Imoen I will change her to a level 1 mage when I first meet up with her.

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hahaha this reminds me to the event when I finally destroyed the Mind Flayers and freed the slaves. Viconia was in party and the reputation was increased to 20 or 19 and she wanted to leave the party so I had to kill a leaving slave -- normally I don't support this kind of playing but I was a starter that time.

7. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

It has been a while since I have posted where my group was going. Mainly because I lost my game when my old PC when haywire. I started over on the old PC and moved my game to my new PC. I stuck with my original plan of picking up NPC. The only difference this time around is that Abdel is a human ranger instead of the Elf or Half-Elf that I previously started the game with.

Here is my group.

PC: Abdel
    Race: Human
    Class: Ranger
    Level: 7
    Str: 18/54
    Dex: 18
    Con: 19
    Int: 19
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 10

Abdel is the archer and scout for the group. When properly equipped with the ring of fire resistance, boots of the north and helm of defense he is immune to fire damage. Great against those nasty fire traps. Abdel favorite weapon is his 2 handed swords, Spiderbane, and his long bow, Long Bow of Marksmanship. Normally Abdel doesn’t even get to equip his sword since most of his enemies fall before they can even reach him. He is dead on with a bow, only missing ants from over a mile away. (Thaco of 4).

NPCs
    Imoen
    Class: Thief/Illusionist
    Level: 6/7
    She is the main thief who’s tinkers in magic. She provides the group the skills need to remove any traps or open any locks. She does support Abdel in knocking down the enemies with her Eagle bow and supports Edwin in the offensive magic attacks. Imoen favorite weapon is a wand. She sits back as Jaheria runs forth and Imoen will blast the enemies afar with her wand. She knows it is well charged after buying sell one and have the Wizard in high hedge charge it up for her. 30,000+ gold later Imoen is as happy as one could be throwing fireballs at her enemies and watching them burn.

Edwin
    Class: Conjuror
    Level: 7
    Edwin is our man of magical destruction. He provides this group with all the magical fire power needed to take down almost any foe. He is however arrogant at time and has confrontations with Jaheria and Minsc on occasion. Edwin is known for one thing in this group and that is you don’t mess with him, unless you are Jaheria that is. For Edwin can do one thing well and that is bombard his enemies with magic missiles and chances are they don’t even get a chance to attack him because by the time the reach him they fall to his feet.

Viconcia
    Class: Cleric
    Level: 8
    Viconcia is the group healer and protector. She is quite the force in the front line now and she is able to go toe to toe with Minsc in damage, mostly due to her new found GoP. She is however taking a liking to Abdel and his some times barbaric attacks on the weak innocents that insult him.

Jaheria
    Class: Fighter/Druid
    Level: 6/7
    Jaheria is the group leader, or so she would like to think so. She has taken control when the situations get difficult and the group always come out alive, thanks to her leadership. She is not as affect as Viconcia when it comes to spell protection and healing, however her spells do come in handy quite often and because Jaheria knows when to cast them, they always provide the group the extra support when they need it the most. (Waste not tends to be Jaheria philosophy. Meaning if you got a tiny wound, deal with it Edwin). She tends to be up front in all battles, going toe to toe with any melee weapon. Her preferred weapon is Dritz’s scimitar Frost and when Abdel is not out and about scouting ahead Jaheria is well equipped with the fire protection gear since Imoen has this thing with using her wand of Fire and letting fireball after fireball float through the air.

Minsc
    Class: Ranger
    Level 7
    Minsc is well Minsc. He is who he is and that is Adel’s best friend. No matter how much Abdel acts on his father’s powers he inherited Minsc stands by his friend’s decisions. However some times Minsc wonders if Abdel is just testing their friendship, that’s Minsc for you. Minsc is the group tank and destroys everything that threatens his friends and enemy (Edwin). He has no fear and run into all battle, unless Imoen starts to shot some of her deadly fire magic. Minsc learned the hard way not to run into battle when Imoen start to go wand crazy (Thank goodness Jaheria is a waste not person or else Minsc would have wasted away). Minsc enjoys his sword, Twinkle, that Imoen so happened to find on the ground after Dritz left (she gave an item to Jaheria, Abdel and Minsc some thing is fishy here) when all the gnolls were dead. Minsc also adorns full plate armor, a towering shield and a shiny ring that glows that makes Minsc feel all pretty inside. These items allow Minsc to take the front line and protect his weaker comrades and those who prefer to pelt their enemies from afar.

This group together has reached Baldur’s Gate. Everyone in town is asking for their assistance one way or another. Heck one person even tried to kill them, to bad for him. Some people just don’t like guess in Baldur’s Gate. One wizard had the nerve to summon some guards and use his magic on us. Gee, is that the way you treat your house guess? I guess not because now he is pushing up the daisies. Of course his trinkets were well appreciated by Edwin and Imoen, who prowess is catching up with Edwin. I wonder who the really powerful mage here is. My bet is it would be a close one. But enough on that, this group has got to get going and finish their mission and that is find out who is trying to kill Abdel and what in the hell name is going on in Baldur’s Gate.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.