1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Starting Over Again

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What you could do, though, is all the Umar Hills except the Dragon. The Night's Gift is pretty awesome armor for a F/T...

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A nearly 7' tall, immensely strong, red haired barbarian turned thief. Fafhrd is the bigger half of a duo written by Fritz Leiber. The two heroes of Lankhmar are Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser -- Swords and Devilry is a good start with 'Ill Met in Lankhmar.' Hilarious books. Classics of the hack and slash genre and listed by E. Gary Gygax as literature that helped him during development D&D. AND available through Amazon via our own SP. I really got a kick out of Bioware using him as a password.

As far as armor, there are several very good leather armors available early on without killing dragons or Master Thieves:

Orc Leather from D'Arnise Keep
    Skin of the Ghoul from the Cult of the Unseeing Eye
    Armor of the Deep Night from the Adventurer's Mart
    and The Night's Gift as previously mentioned.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Man, you would think that six years is enough for "starting over again." Doesn't it get kinda boring to keep playing the same plot every month? :shake:

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not nearly as boring as reading posts like the one immediately above mine. The fact that people continue to play BG after all these years is a testament to the quality of the game. To be honest, with your attitude, I actually can't understand why you even bother to continue to post here.

Anyway, it might be a bit late, but I recently played a Kensai/Thief multi. Early on, with my mage casting Spirit Armor, AC wasn't a problem. And UAI was just icing on the cake.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oh, c'mon, do you take everything that seriously every day? Just saying that he probably knows the game like his own pockets after writing stuff and finishg it for N times. :shake:

Splunge likes this.
  6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you think I take things seriously, then you obviously aren't very observant. ;)

Having said that, I refer you to my previous post - Aldeth may have played this game several times, but there are always different approaches to take. Plus there's nothing wrong with stimulating a little discussion on a popular game that has been out for close to a decade. We have new members joining all the time, and they are more than happy to contribute.

Edit: I was checking my PM's and noticed that you gave me negative rep points (at least I assume that's what a red box means instead of a green one). I actually have to give you credit for not being afraid to speak your mind. So I'm adding to your rep. :) (Not that people will see it since I also just noticed that you've disabled the displaying of your reputation).

[This is a discussion best done via PM... -Tal]

[It actually wasn't my intent to have this take a wrong turn, but in retrospect, you're right in heading it off at the pass, Tal. My apologies. That's why you're an admin and I'm not. :D - Splunge]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Aldeth, ever tried a wild-mage??

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.