1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

STAR WARS - What was he thinking?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Here's my hopeful theory. There are no Gungans in Episodes IV, V, or VI. Where would be the first place for Obi-Wan to hide Anakin's children? Otah-Gunga you say? Huh, then who would Anakin most likely take his revenge out on? Yeah! Kudos to the Dark Side!

2. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes! YES! YESSSS! Revenge! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Jar-Jar is back for the new one but Lucas said he will be toned down on the comedic attempts. Apparently Jar-Jar's 10 years older and 10 years more mature, same goes for Anakin. So relax.
    Is Jar-Jar the only thing you guys get out of Episode 1? There was so much more...

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Jar-jar is not the only thing just the most annoying.

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Stop letting Yourselves down about a title. Just be happy that John Williams didn't make this Rap-version of starwars-the trilogy.
    The link is a bit touch-sensitive so dont jump around too much.
    http://www.snemanden.dk/LOL/Flash/starwarz.swf

6. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

a few things I must note is that.....

1. Lucas has gotten inspiration for Star Wars from 1930 Flash Gordon matinees, to the title doesn't surprise me. I do agree however that a better title would have been "The Clone Wars"

2. I still get a little upset a ppl who still bash Episode I. Was it the best Star Wars movie: NO... kinda tough topping the best Sci-Fi trilogy of all time. One of the reasons why is that Episode one is trying to establish everything in the prequel trilogy which is a tall order. Remember in the beggining A New Hope was originally supposed to be the only movie....until it raked in 400 Mil at the box office.

All I ask is to wait for the movie to come out before everyone passes judgement.

P.S. I am NOT defending Jar-Jar in any way...I wouldn't mind bitch-slapping that frog myself.

7. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ohmigod,

I feel so out of place here. I don't hate Jar Jar.

*Collective gasp of entire Forum heard*

Well, I agree the fart joke was waaaaayyy over the top for a Star Wars film but still. I thought he was pretty darn funny.

Especially when the pit-droid kicks him in the groin.

,FSFunky

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

But notice that he didn't flinch all that much. Hmm...

I thought that SW1 was good, it just could've been better. The plot was lacking in the extreme, and the acting (for some) was almost as bad. Ah well, better luck with the next.

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

10. Avooch Dar Guest

i know this is not quite sticking to the topic but i have done a great deal of reasearch into this and i seemed to have found out that Lucas origionally wrote nine parts in the star wars saga. The first trilogy was the middle trilogy if you see what i mean. Lucas comfirmed it himself on a documentry about the making of star wars episode 1.
    I thought you all knew this but people like sir bel have been saying things like evil wins over darkness and the full story may not actually be reavealed yet. But lucas will be dead before a third trilogy could be made. It wouldn't matter though. I could name a thousand directors better suited for he job!!!!!!

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

True. George Lucas has also said in an interview that he infact wont shoot number seven, eight and nine ever. He wants to do other stuff. I think he tells this in the premovie interviews on the VHS-Trilogi that could be bought a few years ago.
    It could be nice though to have a good action director on the set for those movies.

But Lucas is Thorough in post-production in this quote from homing beacon #41:

With digital tools created for The Phantom Menace and perfected in
    subsequent ground-breaking ILM projects, Lucas and the ILM team's focus
    is not on technology, but on getting the best possible performance from
    their creations, be they locations, ships, creatures or characters.
    Attention to detail beyond the focal point of the action can be key to
    making the audience believe in the fantasy being presented. The slight
    skid of a ship turning a corner, the shadows cast by digitally created
    furniture, the short attention span of a walnut-sized-brained monster
    and the growing discomfort of a guard as tension builds in the room are
    all observed through preliminary positioning, refinement of
    articulation and eventually final rendering critiqued on a
    theatrical-sized screen.

Sounds appealing but remember its written by themselves.

More Homin beacons can be found here: http://www.starwars.com/site/homingbeacon/index.html

änother nice link as a springboard is: http://www.starwars.com/community/

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 25, 2001).]

12. Avooch Dar Guest

It's all very well, lucas saying he is not going to make the last three. But what about us the devoutees. We need to know the story. The first six are all centered around Anikin and who he grows up to be. After he is dead what next?????

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] If you want to find out what comes next, read the damn books :p :p :p

14. Avooch Dar Guest

oh great.
    now i look like a great big fantastic moron.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Gran Admiral Thrawn brings the empire back on track and the whole good-evil thingie moves on. A lot of Story about Han and Leia's children. I think they'll make great Action movies. Not as touching as number four five and six.

But I bet You a buck that Slappy and Big B knows pretty damn more about this than us. pray that they summon.

Try this link. Thrawn is a very popular man. Who said dictators weren't in? :rolleyes:
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7021/sw.html

PS. Thrust me You are not a moron. (did that give You some selfconfidence) ;)

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 25, 2001).]

16. Big B Gems: 27/31

I have most of the books that have been written about what happens after Return of the Jedi, except the young Jedi adventure series (the one's more focused on Han and Leia's kids.)
    Most of them I have read but they keep coming out. My favorites have actually been the books that take place during the original trilogy and before it. I'm talking about Shadows of the Empire (between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) and the Han Solo Trilogy (before Star Wars: A New Hope). They are great!
    Now about the ones after...the Rogue Squadron series was good but I haven't read past book 5 becuase they keep popping these out, and I need a break from Rogue Squadron. The trilogy that deals with Luke setting up the Jedi academy is good. And of course the books with Grand Admiral Thrawn are good too. Books I didn't care for were a few of the individual ones (The Crystal Star, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Truce at Bakura come to mind)

I've been thinking about this Attack of the Clones thing and I guess I am getting used to it. In a geeky way it's a fitting title. It gives anti-Star Wars people more ammo, but who cares, I like the movies so stuff it :)

Ha ha! Nobleman check your above post => "Thrust me" Lol. Now that's a spelling error.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 25, 2001).]

17. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Personally I love the X-Wing books. I feel that they are simple the most action-packed and suspense filled books in all of Star Wars.

18. Avooch Dar Guest

Thankyou Nobleman you really have made my day!
    You always cheer me up you little danish bun of joy! :D :D :D

19. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Hey You Big troll. Thanx. I think I have had enough for today. Always there to make a bigger fool of myself to help. 2 1/2 months without Sorcerer's place and the internet. After at least 7 hours of rummaging around SP archives I am getting pretty wasted. Who said SP wasn't addictive? And guess what I found. Our first conversation on Sorcerer's place. ohh how sweet. We even got busted by BTA! :D :)
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002349.html

To keep some relevance to this post I have brought some trailermovies to your beloved Jar Jar Binks

JAR JAR BINKS PROJECT http://www.trailervision.com/trailers.php?id=25

JAR JAR BINKS PROJECT THE SEQUAL http://www.trailervision.com/trailers.php?id=26

SOME MORE RELEVANCE:
    I really dont see what the big fuzz about "attack of the clones"

Here is what Episode two is roughly gonna show:

Palpatine is trying to get Senate approval for a Clone Army. Count Dooku has united hundreds of systems against the Republic. Clones would assist the out numbered jedi in defeating Dookus up rising. Obi while investigating a failed assasination attempt on Senetor Amidalla discovers 1000's of clones already being made....Anakin an Amidalla go to naboo,then tatooine,then gamora to rescue a captured obi. They also discover 1000's of Super Battle Droids. They are also captured. Dooku the gamorians an Namidians reveal themselves. Dozens of jedi arrive to battle the droids. Jedi are outnumbered until the Clones arrive. Mace has a huge fight seen with a Giant reek! Mace also kills Jango Fett. Anakin an Obi fights Dooku an realize hes a member of the Lost 20. (other members of the 20 include Eeth Koths Tusken apprentice after becoming a jedi Hero the Tusken left the order,an The Dark Woman aurra sings master. Dark Woman left after Aurra failed the trials)....Anyway Dooku defeats them an barely escapes his lost battle with yoda. Ki mundi an Plo koon also have a nice action sequence against droids. In the end the Clones win the battle. Count Dooku reports to his hidden master sidious. Finally jar jar binks plays a Major role in getting the senate approve of the Clone Army. With good intentions at heart jar jar doesnt realize hes being munipulated by Palpatine. Palpatine,Senator jar jar An the other deligates stand on a balcony. Below them is a huge hangar where 100's of 1000's of Senate approved Clones board thier ships to fight Duukos droid army. "ooow,this is bad bombing!"

And the link of course :p
    http://fan.starwars.com/Plospage/clonewars.html

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 26, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.