1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stanley Cup

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jun 10, 2014.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow. I've been watching these playoffs (or at least the games the Kings are in) throughout and it just seems that the Kings are getting stronger and stronger and are showing some ridiculous grit and perseverance. There's also a healthy chunk of luck going on here.

Anyway, although tonight's game was not nearly as thrilling as the first two, or, for than matter, the majority of the previous games in the prior series, the Kings played with an awesome defensive intensity such that I was glued to the edge of the couch even when the win was a foregone conclusion.

Quick is playing pretty well on average, but his defense are really making him look great. They are doing such a great job of making sure that he has good looks at pretty much every shot.

What fun! I'd love to see them close it out in NY to put an exclamation point on this.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought they were dead in the water against San Jose. But then ... on paper the Sharks should have had a dynasty by now. But every year, without fail, they find a way to choke it. It seems like they can get their foot down on the throat of their foe, but then just don't know what to do when they get there. This year being an especially bad example.

This year it's the Kings for sure, no question. But I have at least one question mark for the future. Kopitar and Quick have a lot of good years ahead of them. It's Dustin Brown I'm concerned about. He's extremely consistent with his physical play, which has worked for him thus far, but extremely inconsistent with his scoring. And I'm starting to wonder if his style is about to lead to a not so far away physical disintegration, or if his scoring is going to fall off such that he becomes an overpaid bottom 6 forward.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yup, Brown is definitely one of the contracts that they need to pay attention to, but he's still under 30 (barely).

Good article on the Kings and Hawks here:

Link

4. dmc

Media:
    Lundqvist was really on his game tonight. Caught a break on the two pucks that stopped on the line. Next game in LA.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  5. dmc

Media:
    Well, no one on the Boards seems all that interested. What a game last night. Three out of four Kings wins in OT and two of those three in double OT. What a great post-season.

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I heard about the game. I'll hand it to the Kings, once they get going, they're super hard to play against. Big bodied mobile forwards to love it rough. And assuming the other team can get past the Kings' style and get a chance, there's Quick to contend with.

In the future, who knows?

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    LA underperformed based on their talent during the regular season, but man did they pull it all together for the playoffs. I'm kind of glad my Bruins were eliminated early as there is nothing worse than losing in the finals.

8. Beren

Media:
    Weren't you at least a little embarrassed by the way Lucic was acting though? :p

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    When you wear the black and gold I will defend you. :) But yes, Lucic was acting childish.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.