1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

**SPOILERS** what classes have special quests/special rewards in this game

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by krunchyfrogg, Nov 27, 2005.

1. krunchyfrogg Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

[​IMG] and what are those rewards?

NEWBS SHOULDNT READ THIS!!!

i know that banite clerics get the +2 to wisdom, and that ilmater clerics can get a little bonus xp, but i cant remember how (or how much exp for the painbearers). i have also heard that transmuters can get a +5 hp bonus by solving a certain quest a certain way, but am unsure of the details. dont paladins also get a +1 to strength and wisdom at a certain point, or was that from the holy avenger?

Any other little secrets in this game? this is the spoily thread to share them in!!

2. genghiskhan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A transmuter can earn himself/herself +5hp in the lab by the drider cave in the underdark. You know, the lab where you turn a healing potion into an extra healing potion. I believe the transmuter, or someone else in your party, also needs a high alchemy skill and you also need the last vial of spores.

3. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Holy Avenger quests awards +1STR & +1WIS, but you'l have to face a very tough fight for it. I recommend delaying that encounter until you are a bit stronger.

Dreadmaster's +2 WIS is awarded through the right dialogue with Hiephierus, after you defeat him the bonus should be applied. I experienced some difficulties with this particular reward. I had a party with 4 Dreadmasters (3 were other main-classes with just a level mixed in, but that's enough), but the bonus would not apply to all 4. Only about 50% got it. Sometimes it would be 3 of 4, sometimes just 1 of the 4. Eventually I had to use cheats to get the bonuses for all 4.

The Transmuter reward is a bit small, given that Transmuters get the same opposition schools as Illusionists (Abjuration, Necromancy) in IWD2. I much prefer Illusionists, for Deep Gnomes. The transmutation table allows other nice perks, like upgrading potions of healing, but you don't need to be Transmuter for those.

For the rest, permanent bonuses are not dependant on class. You get acid resistance for everybody for slaying the guardian dragon. There's a nice saving-throw enhancing Feat of your choice you can get from the wizard enclave in the Severed Hand.

There are also small dialogues and sidequests with rewards for druids, monks, barbarians, you name it. But these are all very minor. There may be some cool item rewards from them (or perhaps you need to intimidate people - i dunno), because I looked at every item in the game by cheating them in. I wish I knew how to get hold of the barrel-hoop that summons treasures. It also summons one of those monsters that's disguised as a treasure, forgot the name. You can kill it for massive XP, too.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    In the AD&D 2.0 monster manual it's called a mimic. They appear in other sources besides D&D as well, my first encounter was in the Eamon Adventures (freeware or public domain (not sure) text adventure games for the Apple II).

5. coineineagh

Media:
    Yeah, that was it. Yopu get a barrel hoop that sumons treasure, but the first treasure it summoned for me was a Grandfather Mimic, which I killed for 10.000XP.

6. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What is this barrel-hoop thing ya'll are talking about? I have no idea what this quest is.

7. coineineagh

Media:
    Me too. Just stumbled upon it when i was cheating in every item in the game. There were other nice things I'd never encountered before, too. But the barrel-hoop of treasure summoning was the most memorable.

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27190

8. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks! I should have figured it was associated with Weimar's Ease-of-Use mod.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.