1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

*spoiler* why I hate Yoshimo

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Frank, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Who IS Tiax, anyway? And how do you get him in your party?

(Sorry, but I'm always curious and baffled :borg: )

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You don't. Not unless with some custom mod off SP. He was an NPC in BG1. He's one of the nuts in Spellhold in BG2. ;)

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Tiax ruled!!

He's like one of those shrmipy, little kids out on the soccer field that have like, *NO* fear of anyone.

It's scarry if you actually see it happening, real time.

Other than that, I didn't really get all that attached to Yoshimo. I thought he had some good witticism's, just like Shralp, but without Viconia's sultry voice. The tree hugger one still gets me. Especially after I saw how it was a reference to one in BG1.

Anyways, I swapped him out for Imoen without much regret. Although, I *was* miffed a little since I didn't have a choice in the matter and neither did he. It's always the soldier on the front line that takes the brunt of criticism.

Personally, I prefer the female voices.

"Danger! Danger!"
    "Pull up! Pull up!
    "Warning. Warning"
    "Master Armed."
    "Minimum Range."

Errrr.

Unless it's the Icewind. Then I want Conan the Barbarian, crushing your enemies, etc.

4. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Tarol'azh -

Tiax was a gnome illusionist that your party meets when entering Baldur's Gate. In many ways he is a 'Jan Jansen' type of character - fun and weird as hell.

Tiax thinks he will rule the world - that he is the most powerful being to walk Faerum! He is completely insane - even more so that Xzar. The best part about him is the strange and often hilariously demented things he would say.

"Tiax rules!"
    "You little monkey-spank."
    "Did Tiax tell you that he shall rule?!"
    "When Tiax rules - briches shall not ride up so wedge-like"

[ November 01, 2002, 07:18: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

5. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Vorpal:
    "Hey man! Yoshimo sucks. He's a dirty, rotten, good-for-nuthin' traitor..."

Er, ... sorry to say this, but that describes my whole party!
    We are not a lovely bunch. :evil:

:grin:

6. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Like I said, he was loyal to the end, to Irenicus, that is. If he betrayed Irenicus he would have been disloyal. You should have read the instruction manual. Yoshimo's profile hints that he will betray you, if you look at it carefully.

BTW, nothing to do with Yoshimo, but is there a way to save Tiax, Dradeel, and the rest of the gang? Everytime I get to Spellhold they automatically die in the last battle. If you have saved them, what do they say?

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You can't save them. It's a scripted event, they all die.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.