1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spiders & Webs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Spudsquisher, May 21, 2001.

1. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] why do i get stuck in web when i am changed into a sword spider? i thought they were immune!

2. cathon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You don't get every attribute of the creatures you are changed into (like HP), I would guess that is just one of those that didn't transfer. I agree that it should be a natural attribute that would carry over.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] That was very surprising! I had never actually tried that out so I didn't know. Thanks for posting about it!

(Tried playing an Avenger through Irenicus' Dungeon once but that's all.)

4. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The same thing happened to me, and in Irenicus's Dungeon too. That Ogre Mage (?? whoever/whatever the Genie Aatuque (sp?) summons) nearly killed me as I sat transformed into a sword spider, trapped in a web before I could bring Minsc to bear. Yikes!

5. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] hmm i don't like ss that much, fire salamander is much cooler..hotter..whatever..

6. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

a sword spider isn't immune cause think of it this way...
    u put one spider into another spider's web... it gets stuck...

7. Enthasius Gems: 8/31

Even though you have tranformed into a spider physically, you dont have its MIND, as in a spiders web every second layer of the webbing is just like a silk so in truth you wouldnt know which strand is which.
    Also, the web is magical so it may be different from regular webs.

8. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

the word for this phenomena is: bug

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No. A bug it is not. A bug by default is something that is broken; players as spiders not getting stuck in webs is simply something that was not implemented. Donning or shapeshifting into spider form obviously doesn't give you immunity to those spells, although logically it should. (Even per spell description.)

So maybe it was an oversight or simply noted as a waste of time to implement...

10. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

umm..so if ur changed into a fire salamander are u immune 2 fire?

11. Dudette Gems: 8/31

don't think so... cause when u get turned into drows you don't get magic resistance.

12. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

oh well, thx all...will just have 2 get used 2 it....

13. Daevaeron Dererath Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

how would u change into a salamander exactly?

14. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Dudette: You never get turned into drow. That's just an illusion, so you don't get their attributes

@Daevaeron Dererath: If you're an avenger (druid kit) you can change into salamander, baby wyvvern, spider and the other normal forms (wolf, bear ect).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.