1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spells - Damage Comparisons

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by hannibal555, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Hi,
    I've made a spreadsheet of almost all mage spells dealing damage
    to compare them.

It will list 'instant damage or damage per second', 'total damage (per target and use)' and 'possible total damage per minute', accounting the cool down times.

Chain Lightning is pretty complicated.
    Initial dmg is 20, it then forks up to 10 targets (10 dmg) which then will fork again up to 4 targets (6.67 dmg) and again up to 4 targets (5 dmg).
    I didn't playtest this yet so my numbers are theoretically as of now.
    So far you can type the No. of targets and it will calculate damage for initial target and other targets (up to 5, then I'll give only a damage range since it will get too complex).

Most damage calculations are based upon Spell Power (SP) which is Magic - 10.
    So by typing your SP in, you'll get the corresponding damage numbers.

If anyone is interested I'll share it and will upload it here.

edit:
    Since I don't know how to upload here,I'll upload it temporary to rapidshare:
    deleted (will upload a corrected version here).

It is an OpenOffice file.
    I'll upload an xls file by request if anyone seems to hate OpenOffice ^^.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Please do, I am very interested.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    hannibal555 your link isn't working. You should send it to Taluntain so he can put it up in the Dragon Age section.

Say, which version of the game did you take as a reference? Did you use the latest patch?

I've been using the Detailed Tooltips mod for more in game information, it may interest you.

Anyway, that is a good idea (I have nothing against Open Office myself). ;)

4. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    Hmm, the link works for me, but anyway I'll try to send it to Tal.

I know of the mod and I use it partially as reference (besides wikia) since I haven't looked up the data files myself yet, but the mod maker himself references the original data files, so I guess it is accurate.

I use data as of the actual patch 1.02 so far as I know the exact numbers.
    I'm not 100% sure with Crushing Prison as well as the exact mechanism of
    Chain Lightning.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am missing the bloodmage spells as they are the ones I am mostly using. Surprised to see the high damage of fireball, will need to learn the grease spell so we can get some proper barbecue going.

6. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    I'll add Blood Wound.

Concerning Fireball, it is really strong damage wise, but you have to consider,
    that the targets have to stay in the area for the whole duration to receive all the damage.
    By the way, Grease fire damage will stack with inferno fire damage e.g., I have tested this.

I delete the RS link and will upload a corrected version here later.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.