1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Special Talents

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SoCo, May 28, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Scars, reepnorp? Physical or emotional? ;)

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Haha 8people, That was fun. :heh:

My special talent? Saying things I regret and upset people. But also cheer people up. I can spend hours looking at waves and clouds at sunset and sunrise. And stars too. Not much, I know. Oh and drink lots of beers and say even more things I regret. :shake:

4. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I can get scars from Duck Duck Goose. (Should I be proud about that?)
    • I can draw decently
      I can play the flute (typical boring "talent")
      I can write, though I'm not sure how good it is
      I can make my tounge (spelling?) into a 3 leaf-ed clover shape
      I'm a reasonably good striker (soccer/football)
      I can bend my thumb back to my wrist
      I used to be able to make one eye look forward and the other to look sideways (sounds gross, don't it?) :D

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

- I can bend my back double farther than most people. To the point where it's freakishly. Also, I can extend my elbows about 15 degrees further than normal.
    - I can make my entire spine crack, from my bottom to the highest discs of my neck.
    - I have very good reflexes. I think this is partially due to lots of Martial Arts training. (I can catch stuff I didn't even see falling)
    - I can wake up to the slightest of sounds that don't belong in my surroundings. I can sleep soundly through my telephone ringing, but I'll be up and awake the moment someone touches the doorknob :)
    - I can completely lose myself in telling a story. I wouldn't notice a nuke going off :)
    - According to fellow students as well as patients, I give one hell of a good massage. Too bad I can't do that on myself. :grin:
    - I can get a real trip out of listening to music. Just lie down, get my shot of Queen, DreamTheatre or another high quality band, and I'm flying high :)
    - I can go one on one with a 200 pound rugbyplayer, and come out with only one scratched elbow ;)
    - I can dualwield wooden sticks, without hitting myself in the face, while weaving elaborate patterns with them.

And some other stuff the underage crowd, and come to think of it all the others as well, really don't need to know. ;)

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm proficient in the art of Swingball. Both as the game and a weapon :evil:

:doh: Now I'm making small games into weapons of destruction. No wonder my mother calls me destructive! First violent magic tricks now I'm attacking people with a tennis ball on a string!

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can make some mean Sushi. :cool:

I've been told I can do the voice of nearly any movie character with absolute precision (Monty Python, Mr. McKenzie from "So I Married an Axe Murderer," Apu from the Simpsons, the list goes on and on).

I can sit through Dawson's Creek, Ally McBeal, "The Sweetest Thing," and all the other insipid shows and movies my girlfriend loves without committing suicide.

No wait...that's not a talent, it's a feat. :D

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I can be yelled at to bring beer by a shefriend watching a soccer game, which I don't like to watch, but is on on my telly anyway. And I'll actually get her the beer.

Wait, that's not a Special Talent, that's a humiliation. :p

9. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I can do very good massages (without ever having studied it) on almost every part of the body (actually I practiced that on my high school shefriends... :D )
    Also, I am a very good walker, and I enjoy walking in most settings. If motivated I can walk for miles with 35 degrees and a 20 kg bag and a guitar with me (I crossed my city that way); I expecially love to go walking on mountains.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heh, Dunedain, seems we have so much in common :lol: :shake: :lol:

Girls shouldn't drink! :shake:

Friends only? Strangers are quite fun sometimes.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Why shouldn't girls drink? :hmm:

I have a talent for making things up as I go along and remembering it all and it works! YIPEE!

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey Valkyrie, we have the same talent! I can do the leaf-shaped thing with my tongue as well! :p

And I must not that that sounded lewd.. :rolleyes:

13. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Eh?! You crossed the whole Rome on foot?! Are you crazy?!

14. Jarel Gems: 10/31

@chevalier: I said I PRACTICED on shefriends, once learned I used this ability in more intimate circumstances (for those not too subtle: AFTER MAKING LOVE WITH YOUR SPECIAL ONE). :rolleyes: ;) :D
    @Alexander: yes I am. ;) (but I had very good reasons :p :D )

P.S.: I was forgetting one more little talent: I’m quite good in drawing with pencils, expecially fantasy and naturalistic subjects, but also people’s portraits.

[ June 16, 2003, 19:58: Message edited by: Aragorn II ]

15. chevalier

Media:
    You made love with the special one of those not too subtle? :shake: :grin: :D

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Yes, right after casting barkskin on himself. :rolleyes: ;) :p

As for more talents :) I can make a running jump, roll over and continue running, rinse and repeating. Though I do get tired after 10 straight minutes of it :grin:

17. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] To those with naturally flexible finger joints and limbs (especially tall people), please research Marfan Syndrome. It’s potentially fatal and it affects one person in five thousand, so someone on these boards is in for a nasty surprise. Don't let a crap doctor be the death of you. :almostmad:

http://www.marfan.org/ or a better layperson's version http://www.io.com/~cortese/marfan/

Special talent - scaring the **** out of people without even raising my voice. :evil:

[ June 16, 2003, 23:49: Message edited by: Bluin ]

18. Jarel Gems: 10/31

@Faragon: casting barkskin?? Do you doubt my virility, dear dwarf? Mmh...are you free next saturday? :p
    @chevalier: ok, let’s start from the beginning.....little chevy, do you remember when I explained you all that stuff about the tiny bee and the flower and all the rest? Ok, now imagine the tiny bee doing a massage to the beautiful flower.....
    :rolleyes: :D

19. chevalier

Media:
    AragornII: You are a kinky little pervert. :shake: :grin: :shake: :grin:

An old Polish saying speaketh: "Cow that roars much gives little milk". I leave interpretation to you :lol: :lol:

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The "talents" me or my friends have are pretty generalized. But there is one thing that pretty much tells me apart from the crowd.

I'm an improviser. Always was, always will be. I learn things very quickly. Everything from playing piano to running cooper (or jogging if you will) to fiddling with computer to playing games, I learn things thrice as fast a normal person does. Some half a decade ago even, I went through a medical investigation to determine the reason for my rapidly changing pulse, which was thought to be dangerous. In the end the result was that it wasn't dangerous by the least, my body just reacts to strain more quickly than normal. Within a few months, I can usually reach the same level of skill on any given thing as someone in well over a year. I am also sort of able to adjust my previous experiences to any new thing quickly enough to effectively start off as what could almost described as a "moderate user".

Tradeoffs: I have a low attentionspam to things (reason is unknown to me, perhaps I'm just lazy towards some things). In effect, if it takes me 2 moths to learn what a friend does in half a year or more, after 1-2 years he's better than me for good, even if I was training myself in that area daily. I just can't learn above a certain limit. Also, for some amazing reason, I can never acquire a perfect succeeding percentage. For example in my job it is clear and apparent for everyone working with me that anything that is new, it's me who's put to the task. But the screwups I make with normal routine work I *should* know are daily. This also has the nice effect that people who I'm not familiar with take turns in taking me as either a dumb retarded fool, or a genious, as how my head works differs just about daily.

In normal every-day life, though, this "talent" doesn't make me any different from any other streetwalker out there.

[ June 17, 2003, 13:58: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.