1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I feel that a lot of what I read in this forum is very negative and boring to read. I find some of the posters here to be bitter, fake, and very boring. Sometimes just about as far away from down to earth as you can get I feel. Some of them are so angry :evil: they have sent hate messages to my pm inbox :wave: . These are just some of my feelings from reading posts. So, I'm afraid I am unable to name as many as 10 favorite posters believe it or not. I like most of Barmy Army's posts because they are short, sweet, usually very funny, and friendly err well not all the time :wave: a? I like a lot of Pac man's posts for the same reasons. Some of joacqin's posts. I enjoy reading the posts of many other people too but I can't think of their names right now.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I do like how Sarevok doesn't sit on the fence and always tells us what he is thinking. I hardly ever agree with him but at least we always get his opinion (which is what it's all about, really).

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

At least I made the list...as a non-member. Shralp sends his love. ;)

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm...these things tend to come off as a popularity contest, and those kind of bother me. I share equal affection for most everyone here, so if you don't make my list, don't think we ain't homies...just that I couldn't think of anything clever to say about you right this minute. ;)

Ok...now that the diplomacy is out of the way...

• Chevalier - Puritanical douchebag!! (and one hell of a debater). Highest esteem, always.
    • Master of Nuhn - with whom I have a freakish amount in common (birthdays, taste in music, hot women constantly tossing panties at us...stuff like that)
    • Barmy Army - who's patriotism puts any Yank to shame, and because he calls me a "bloke"
    • Rallymama - she once wittily mentioned, in an AoDA thread about bad parenting, that she'd like to "whack them over the head with my +5 Rolling Pin of Common Sense" and I've been smitten ever since
    • Aldeth - because he once thought I was black, for which I shall be forever grateful...hollah!
    • JSBB - because every time I get all cocky in 'The Quote Game,' he'll come flying in with a quote from "Dislexic Vegetarian Gorrillas from Mars...part 3!" or some other obscure movie no sane person would be caught dead seeing, and just totally school my ass
    • Grey Magistrate - because as much as I can't stand his viewpoints or reasoning on some issues, he's impossible not to like. Kind of like Dr. Evil and Mini-Me: "I can't stay mad at you! Look at that punum!"
    • Falstaff - just a killer friend, at SP and elsewhere. And he's a poser.
    • Tal - who's truly earned my respect, despite being in a position to demand it
    • dmc - a scholar and a gentleman, with impecable taste in music
    • Splunge - because in order to maintain my belief that Canadians are goofy as hell, I need to have a ready example to point to (and Beren doesn't quite cut it for that)
    • ArtEChoke - because he's way funnier than me
    That's more than 10...sue me.

Honorable mentions...
    • Chandos - evidence that I'm not as liberal as most think I am
    • Ragusa - conspiracy theories can't write themselves, now can they?
    • Boo the Great - because stupidity can't type itself, now can it?
    • Hacken Slash - he's like Diet Shralp! ;)
    • Darkwolf - because the Alley just isn't as fun without my nemesis around (though, if he keeps his promise, we'll see him again in 6 days)

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Lesse here...

In no particular order:

1. Splunge (like my big brother Canadian, he is a preview of what I pray I'll never be) :D

5. Takara (if everyone was sane, what fun would that be?)

4. Dark Haired Beauty (one of the only people I have ever met that is as optimistic as I am)

7. Chev (everyones favorite 90 year old)

8. Barmy Army (always one for British pride)

2. Sarevok* (counter for Barmy Army, some really interesting debates)

9. Harbourboy (all the wit you would expect from a New Zealander)

6. JSBB (most of the time if I am posting after him, I just have to say I agree with what he said)

3. Arabwel (entertains me with bad spelling and her soap opera style of life)

10. Death Rabbit (disturbed is as disturbed does)

Honerable mention:

Everybody above 1 m tall. Thank you for using you height to reach the keyboard.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There's a deplorable lack of respect for your elders displayed in these comments. :p :lol:

LMAO!

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I hope you mean that I'm insane there Jag.... otherwise, the dancing llamas will be paying a visit. :p

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Barmy Army: Often the trigger to some fun. He seems to be involved when there is some interesting stuff going on.
    Dark Haired Beauty: Optimistic and funny. I love that lady.
    Death Rabbit: My twin. We have too much in common. I bet we have the same girlfriend as well and the poo under our shoes is from the same dog!
    Foradasthar: Often has something interesting to say. There's something special in his long, long posts.
    Jaguar: Fun-master-d'lux. He makes me laugh a bit too often.
    Joacqin: He always has a good point, even when I don't agree with him. I like his attitude. Scored many points in the 'Double Dip' thread.
    Mathetais Much sympathy, not only for being our protestant pope, but a fun dude as well.
    Sarevok He is clear in his opinions, doesn't seem to care that much if we agree with him. I like that.
    Splunge I like the way he's kidding us. Count his :p smilies...
    Uytuun Flemmish people tend to be kind-hearted. She no exception. Fun person.

All in that order. Alphabetic order, I must say. There's no top-down ranking.
    I like almost anybody on the boards. There are a few exceptions, I have to admit.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I don't have a top 10 per se but here're the ones I usually enjoy posting to/with:

JSBB - until him I thought I saw too many movies :D
    Harbourboy - makes nearly (or more? :D ) as many wrong guesses as me in the quote games :p
    Takara - tried to help me out when my BG was messing up (it's still not fixed just so you know :p )
    Sydax - the only guy here that has good musical taste (meaning "basically the same as mine" ;) )
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - for being a helpful guy :)
    to everyone else, read the top of Death Rabbit's post, that'll do it for me too :p

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

In no particular order...
    Ghen - good freakin' tunes flow outta that guy
    Septic Yogurt - drugs, booze and Rancid. I only talked to him for like 2 hours on, but it was cool.
    Aldeth - for his hard work reviewing mods
    Tal - for his hard work and for making up the "Idiot of the Week Plaque". (And also for not giving me said plaque :D )
    Beren - he wrote the best walkthough for BG2 I've ever seen. It helped me a lot when I first played the game.
    Sorvo - He's really wise in his own down-to-earth kind of way.
    All the Canadians - for being my homies.

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As with anybody else, its not meant to exclude anybody from the great majority of regulars that I have high regard for ...

Aldeth - Provides a lot of food for thought in the game boards.
    Jurts - He doesn't come around here anymore, due to RL constraints that developed. Suffice to say, if you thought I was devoted to Jaheira, you should check out his posts. We were often 'partners in crime' whenever anybody dissed her.
    Faragon - Doesn't come around as much as he used to. But reading his posts, it almost is like listening to a crusty old dwarf rant at the tavern table. Somehow his portrait and title are just so appropriate for him.
    Tal - Blends a spine with his own sense of humour. He was also the one willing to put up my work. Oh and ... he's the reason there's even a Sorcerer's Place. Those IOTW titles often crack me up as well.
    Blackthrone TA - Kind of a Pandora's box. Can get tough when he has to, yet he also shows a wry humour.
    Splunge - Proof that seniority doesn't mean less fun.
    Arabwel - Just all around zany and fun to read.
    Shura - Doesn't come around any more as well ( I won't go into why ). But we often had some colourful debates, and back and forth dialogues.
    Rallymama - Sort of the kindly, matriarchial voice of SP.

[ November 05, 2004, 02:55: Message edited by: Beren ]

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've been a tad absent lately, yeah. I know, apologize and will strive to do better :) It's the ales, I swear! I'll post more, but be prepared for either inane drunken stupor kind of posts, or posts in which you can almost feel my hangover :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.