1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SoU -- Tomb of Kel-Garas

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Spellbound, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Fire Trap -- I've read the walkthrough, which indicates there should be a secret door. The only door I see is behind a pile of rocks which I can't get to and the levers in the hall have no affect on the fire trap that is decimating us. I thought the levers controlled the trap. Need help.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I just did a run for it. (it's the long corridor with fireballs coming from the sides, isn't it?)
    Once I had passed the fireballs I discovered a secret door, eager to know where it went it I followed it straight back past all the firetraps and to where I had started my run (felt kinda silly then).

You sure you can't enter the secret door? or found the right one, requires a little bit of time to find them.

3. Kiwi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

[​IMG] Even without a high skill in Search, you should be able to stand near the door, enter the Search Mode, and wait awhile. Maybe rotate right in place very slowly - it should show up eventually.

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What, there was a secret door ? :eek:
    I just run through it :D

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Me too. Not only silly, but annoyed that it took so many attempts to run through and survive and there was a way around that I was not patient enough to find. :cry:

The door is on the right-hand side as you look at the fires and maybe 15-20 feet back from the levers.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I never did find the door, even though I stood in the hall for some time. I did, however, find a way through the fire that did very little damage. The levers control the frequency of flames. If you press the levers 5 or 6 times, the interval between the fire bursts gets longer (more than enough to run through). But note that if you continue to press those levers, the mechanism acts like a toggle and reverts to the continuous fireball action.

7. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There is a secret corridor past the flames. I had a character with good Search and Spot skills, and he saw it immediately.

As for the door covered by rubble, this is where Paladins can get the Holy Avenger sword. If you have any levels of Paladin, the rubble disappears and you can go through the door.

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

First, thank you Spellbound for that little tip. I will be sure to include that in my next update (hopefully this weekend... been sooo busy). I tried a few times but just kept getting toasted.

The secret door I referred to in my walkthrough is before the flame trap, between the rubble-blocked door and the flames on the right-hand side of the corridor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.