1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[SoU] Master Jumper? Errrr... master Jumper, yip to me!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tressym, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Ooooups. I might have just killed a crucian NPC, but i wanna be sure before i load from a long way ago.
    There's this door, in the goblin caves of the Nether mountains, after the hall with the caged chest trap. One of the levers in in the rooms around that hall opens it; after it there's another door just like it, and i can't find a way to open it. Deekin spoke of some kobold, named Master Jumper, who's supposd to be the only person able to open the way to the dragon. Is that his door? No one answers when i "knock" it, so does that mean i accodently killed Jumper on my way there? Or is that not Jumper's door yet, and i'm supposed to open it using the levers?
    Either of the northern levers closes the first door; is there some specific oorder in which i need to pull them so that the second will open withoutt he first closing? Or what? :=S

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Without spoiling too much more, the answer to this question is 'yes'. Once you've puzzled that out, let us know if you still have a problem. It sounds you are going through this for the fisrt time so it's probably best if we don't tell you any more at this point (unless my answer does not solve your problem).

3. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Cool!
    Next question: is there someone, or something, within the game, that can give me a hint on this? Can Deekin be convinced to tell me?
    The reason i don't wanna go trial-and-error on this is that in 3 of the 4 rooms, my gnomish self and my dwarven lady were shooting in from the door, provoking the sargeants to throw caltrops {or whatever those things are} at the doors' areas. So now getting in and out of each room is quite painful, aspecially if done repeatedly.
    Which also brings me to a semi-related question: can caltrops {if that's what they are} be removed from an area in any way? I tried resting, and they're still there. Dorna doesn't see them as a trap, so she doesn't try doing anythng about them either. In real {non-computerized} D&D, you can pretty much just gather them without any effort, if you have the time and can see them... but then again, in D&D i never saw anyone using them as a granadelike weapon.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Once again, the answer is 'yes'. Look very carefully at the signs posted around that area and you should be able to work it out without having to resort to trial and error (which would be dumb - this is SoU, after all, which is cool, not the OC, which is less cool).

5. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Thancue, it worked! :=D

6. Harbourboy

Hooray. Have fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.