1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Taza,
    You should be able to make it as an effect and attach it to the item.

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Rastor, Taza, at teambg.net they have an EFF creator for the purpose of creating EFF effects. Such as +? against ?creature? or ?race? or whatever.

3. boo&minsc Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I had an idea for the store, i don't know if it's feasible or if you like it... but here it goes :p :

-> Tal's sword isn't buy'able, isn't pickpocket'able... the only way to get it by... hmmm you know... defeating Tal & friends in a clean fight.

-> As for the fight, both Tal and Blackthorne are never kill'able, when they get bellow a certain x HP, or fail to save a instant-kill-spell, the fight is over, everyone gets back to the shop and the sword is presented to you.
    On the other hand, you can(and problably will) die. So it's a matter of how much you want that sword :p

-> Now here comes the fun part :grin: it's you & party VS.
    Tal, Blackthorne, a dragon and Drizzt and friends (his party)
    off course both Tal, Blackthorne and the dragon are pretty high level... As for game storyline, it isn't really Drizzt and his party, they're clones.

-> The sword must be the best item on SP shop, maybe even the best item in the game.

It's just not anyone who can wield Tal's sword... you got to be really good... or really evil :evil: :grin:

What do you think?

4. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Ok;

1) Tal is a sorcerer, and therefore can't wield swords. *duh*
    2) Drizzt? Oh puh-lease. :rolleyes:
    3) Besides, most of the dialogue/items/scripting is already done AFAIK, so doing changes now would be pointless.

Then again, not my shop, not my decisions. But you did ask for my opinion.

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I ain't really sure about BG2 but I wanna be in it!

Dave's Turtle shield...

lots of really cool stuff and I wanna be worth 100Gp I come nice and cheap ;) and maybe +5 to armour class. I'll let you finish or maybe the helpful SPers will finish for me...

6. Errol Gems: 23/31

If every new member wanted Taza or Beren to do an Item for them, this mod would never get finished. I think it's more concentrated around people they know, such as older members on the boards, with distinguished personalities you can easily form an item around.

7. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Ï do think this is one of the forever-mods. :p

I have the effect files... I just can't set the parameters for the first option of setting them and the second option does not work... *sigh* And i do have the EFFmaker.

BTA isn't in yet.

Now known bugs:

Tal does not defend himself... Will be fixed
    Gopher's Harp's effects are with the same BAM. Is a feature mentioned in the Readme.
    Arabwel's Second Hand has invalid animations. Will be fixed.
    Faragon's companion will be removed for now. Sorry.
    Cheking Helm of Nuhn's desc and item.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

:cry: ;)

Too bad.

I don't know enough about the gamecode to be of any help, else I'd love to help out.

Perhaps we should abandon the added tohit and damage idea, and instead add Shout as a one time use per day option? (I seem to recall there being a shout spell or something in ToB, or was that IWD2? Anyway, perhaps that's an idea? It seems to fit with the story anyway...)

9. Taza

I'll get the Faragon's Companion out of the mod 'till i can get it to work. Is there a another item making specific damage for elves/half-elves?

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If there are items that do certain damage against creatures (like golems) then logically there should be a way to make an item do damage against elves. Perhaps a .Eff of something that you haven't had a chance to look at? I don't know, I focus mainly on characters and dialogue.

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mesmero's Blue Blow, "Melancholy from Afar"

The elves of Abeir-Toril are by reputation, a cheerful and optimistic people. Their culture and beliefs emphasize enjoying the beauty of life in all its aspects. Even death and genuine tragedy will often do little to dampen their optimism, for they know it is only a passage to the paradise of Arvandor.

However, to every rule there will always be exceptions. Mesmero was evidently a ranger of somber disposition, whose deeds tend to be celebrated more in human folklore than elven legend. While other elves are often given to song, poetry, or celebration, Mesmero's dealings with those around him were more often than not characterized by despondency, sadness, or sarcastic wit. Were it not for his pointed ears, and finer features, he could scarcely be told apart from the dour human rangers who roam the forests of Faerun.

Elves and Humans alike however, never doubted his resolve and skill when it was needed. His fabled bow, carved from naturally blue wood, has apparently absorbed a portion of his essence over time.

THAC0: +6
    Damage: 1d6 + 6
    Special: Shoots +3 enchantment missiles on its own, no need for ammunition.
    %25 chance of casting Doom on the target
    %25 chance of casting Command Word: Die on the target

*** Comment ***
    Gopher's comment is quite right. Its certainly our intentions that all new members feel welcome here. However, when you're new, reality is that I simply don't know enough about you vis-a-vis SP to come up with a quality item description. There are even veteran members who've I've tried to come up with descriptions for, but still haven't posted anything for because I simply couldn't come up with a description that I felt was of sufficent quality. Establish a reputation here, stick around long enough for us to notice you, and who knows? Of course, you can try and come up with one for yourself as well. ;)

[ October 23, 2003, 20:55: Message edited by: Beren ]

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well Beren, feel free to make an item for Rotku :D
    If you know enough about me. If not, I'll try and think something up myself, although it will be nothing compared to you master peices!

13. Taza

Okay... The first version is ready. :xx:

I just need Tal to check & upload it and it's ready to go... With a grand number of four (4!!!) items...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn, I should have been paying closer attention to this thread :almostmad: . Oh well, I might be too late, but here's mine:

Splunger +3

Originally designed as a tool to clear a drain pipe, after puncturing the very line he was trying to unclog, Splunge threw the tool away in disgust; much to his surprise, it came right back. It was then that he realised that the instrument might be better suited as a weapon. Shortly thereafter, Splunge decided to stick to bookkeeping when he wasn’t adventuring, and leave plumbing jobs to plumbers.

Abilities:
    Can be used as a melee or throwing weapon; returns to thrower
    Cast Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting twice per day
    5% chance of Larloch’s Minor Drain on melee hit
    10% chance of extra +10 piercing damage
    -1 to intelligence

THAC0: +3 bonus
    Damage: 1D6 +3, +2d4 acid damage
    Damage type: Piercing
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency type: Spear
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires: 6 Str, 9 Dex
    Not usable by:
    Cleric
    Mage
    Thief

Edit: changed stats - seemed too over-powered before.

[ October 26, 2003, 17:44: Message edited by: Splunge ]

16. Taza

With 4 items... Please... It's just the first version, to not let this die.

And i'm sure that there's a LOT to fix... *sigh*

All bugreports here too.

17. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I was just wondering that is it possible to make quickitems which have abilities like "15% chance to cast Feeblemind on self"?

or are those for weapons etc. only?

18. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

How's this for a weapon worthy ot Tal

Taluntain's Trustee "Tarnished Train of Thought"

Respected and revered throughout Faerun, and not to mention countless other planes, the archmage Taluntain eventually decided that during the span of his long life, he would attempt to open up a shop. After some time he found the perfect location for hist store of mystical contraband and parafenalia, and convinced the easy going Ribald Barterman to allow a corner of his Advednturer's Mart in Amn, to belong to Taluntain & his associate Blackthorne TA. Here they set up shop and sold vast amounts of highly expensive, highly valuable magical goods in a seemingly endless supply. When the word was spread that two of the greatest practitioners of the Arts in all the Planes had a permanent location in the city of Amn spell casters flocked in droves to meet these two phenominal individuals. However not all of these were well wishers and awe inspired youngsters. Some were ancient grey-bearded wizards of repute and considerable power. Many of these actually challenged Blackthorn and Taluntain to wizardly duels, to the death. Blackthorne and Taluntain crushed all opposition. Mages and Mancers of increasing powers came to challenge them but none quite as powerful or puissant as Tal and Blackthorne. After quite a few years of this Blackthorne and his friend decided that they were heartily sick of these intrusions on there nominally peaceful life. They approached the dwarven master -smith Cromwell and aided him in forging for them an instrument that would turn back the tides of opposing magics and allow them to get back to running ehtir shop. Whenever a wizard or sorceress entered and challenged either of the pair, Tal merely picked up the sword and invoked the sword's power. Word quickly spread that any mages of malign intent left the store as a drooling idiot, or a common mortal no longer able to manipulate magic. To this day the rumour of this dull tarnished looking sword has protected Taluntain and Blackthorn TA from all opposing wizards. With the sword no longer needed, relying on the rumour to suffice, Taluntain has hung the sword up on the items shelf and has put a selling price on his artifact.

Equipped Abilities:
    Miscast Magic 3 times per day
    Feeblemind 5 charges(no save)
    Combat Abilities:
    Breaches on a successful hit
    Mages weild this blade as if they have Master
    proficiency in Katanas
    Thaco: +4
    Damage: 1D10 +4
    Type: 1-Handed
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Proficieny: Katana
    Usable by: Mages
    Sorcerors
    Bards

[ October 28, 2003, 07:48: Message edited by: Thyorna ]

19. Taza

Too weak. :evil:
    Check page 1.

20. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ring Of The Grammatical Moron

Made of the finest gold and set with precious gems, these rings were created to punish the wilfully stupid. When the unwitting recipient slips it on his finger, his folly becomes apparent for all to see.

Intelligence: set to 3
    Wisdom: set to 3
    Special: Invites ridicule from other party members. While the ring can be removed with a Remove Curse spell, a Greater Restoration is required to remove the intelligence loss.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.