1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Songs You're Embarrassed To Admit You Like

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Splunge, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Shell - AC/DC Rocks! No need to be embarrassed there. Bryan Adams on the other hand... :p

@Morgoth - King Crimson, Alan Parson Project, and Pink Floyd are for 15 year old homosexuals? I'm a 41 year old hetero and like all of those bands. I don't know who told you that, but they need to open their ears and minds. Try taping them to a chair, putting headphones on them, and cranking "In the court of the Crimson King" :D TWENTYFIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN...

So now for my embarrassing confession:

Hues Corporation - Rock the boat

I have no excuse. :(

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I like a lot of old Def Leppard songs. In fact I own the first four albums, and I don't keep them hidden in a closet, either.

I like Green Day's "Basket Case".

Hmm. I'm trying to think of something *really* shameful, but I'm drawing a blank. Generally I don't go around being embarrassed about stuff.

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

since when are def leppard and green day embarrassing?

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Well, I could name (quite) few such songs :

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch. I don't know why I like this song

Theatre Of Tragedy - Machine. The song comes from album on which the band transformed from masters of gothic metal into techno-crap band with electric guitars. Many fanatical metalheads (including me) think it it blasphemy to even touch those albums but hell! this song is cool!

Nick Cave & Kylie - Where The Wild Roses Grow. God how I hate Kylie but this song is so dark :D

Madonna - Frozen. Same as above.

Linkin Park - Points Of Authority. There are very few things I hate more then this so called nu-metal. I don't know if it was video for this song that make me quite like it.

There are also few songs from my teens but I can't remember the titles nor the artist.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not embarrassed by any music I like.

Although I wasn't too sure about my wife when she started in with 'Who lives in a pineapple under the sea....'

7. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I've got a long list of songs I'm not particulary proud to like, most of them are from the 80s.

Asia - Heat of the Moment
    Cher - Walking in Memphis
    Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You
    Mc Hammer - Can't Touch This
    Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
    Nena - 99 Red Balloons
    Weeping Willows - Blue And Alone

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Um...I like Delta Goodrem's songs...but it doesnt really go down too well with the rest of my friends who are primarily Iron Maiden and Metallica junkies like me...

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Sponge-bob-square-pants! :grin:

10. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    Hey, I like Asia! Nothing to be embarrassed about there.

I can't think of any songs I'm embarrassed about liking. There are some that other people think I should be embarrassed about, though.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'd tell you, but I'm too embarrassed. :o

12. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

lol kuemper

I was just thinking about the few songs I'm embarrassed to like and realized something. I'm embarrassed to like Savage Garden, but I was never embarrassed when I took the time to thoroughly embarrass my friends by "thumping" the smurfs or inspector gadget theme songs in my car when I had a "system." I'm sure I'd still do it if I still had a system and the cd (they hid it from me)

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like a lot of current hip-hop and rap songs but I don't tell a lot of people because a lot of the people I know say that they hate rap. Can't help it, I'm a beat junkie. :p

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Aikanaro
    I know! They even used Forever Young on TV ads! I am one of those who got sick of it from hearing it everywhere, but I like the chorus. ^^

@Faraaz
    I like Delta Goodrem too, though I don't find it embarrasing. ^^ I haven't heard any of her new songs though.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Edith Piaf - :D That's still good if you ask me
    Kiss- I was made to love you
    Renaud Séchan- :lol:

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Forever Young is an old Alphaville hit from 1984 if we're thinking of the same song.

I can actually catch myself enjoying "Billie Jean" with [extremely_small_font]Michael Jackson[/extremely_small_font]. How low is that? :o I must say in my defense that it is just about the only thing I ever liked about him.

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The lyrics are the same I think. I don't know how the older version of Forever Young sounded like, but I think Youth Group sang it pretty plainly, like as in they didn't try and make it modern or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqLFj8Guyc

18. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Anything by Metallica....

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    "Livin La Vida Loca" - Ricky Marten. Enough said. I'm almost to embarassed to write it.

20. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    I don't blame you, Dragonfly. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.