1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've recently become hooked on this song:

I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
    Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Time for some hints:

A relatively new song by a relatively new band. They performed it on Letterman a month ago.
    The song is a cynical commentary about the life of some rock stars.
    The band’s name is an abbreviation.

More lyrics:

This is our decision to live fast and die young.
    We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
    Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

More more lyrics:

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end.
    We were fated to pretend.

4. Splunge

Media:
    I hereby declare myself more "with it" than anyone else here. And this from a guy who just used the phrase "with it". :p

The song is Time To Pretend by MGMT, and it's getting a fair amount of play on the University station I listen to.
    Here's the youtube video, for anyone interested. (The video is a bit odd, but I love the song. I had to hear it a few times before I got hooked, though).

New lyrics:

You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From my favorite Pink Floyd album (Wish You Were Here) -- Welcome to the Machine

6. Splunge

Media:
    That's the one, T2.

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    On saturday night they need some excitement
    Jane gets right and the monkey gets tight
    And their voices unite in the pale moonlight
    And it sounds all right, yeah, it's dynamite, it's out of sight

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    Obviously, the oldie from the country vault will never be recognized....

New song:

He wants his home and security,
    He wants to live like a sailor at sea.

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Bob Seger - Beautiful Loser

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn Jack.

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Hot wind moving fast across the desert
    We feel that our time has arrived
    The world spins while we put his wing together
    A tower of stone to take him straight to the sky

12. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Stargazer by Rainbow

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Yes! I love that album. It is unbelievable.

14. BOC

Off with the lights, hear the screams
    See the banging heads awaken to their dreams

15. Splunge

Media:
    We've Only Just Begun by The Carpenters

16. BOC

Well, it seems that I'm the last of the metalheads in this game. Anyway, it is "Gloves of metal" by Manowar. New lyrics:

I tried to give you consolation
    When your old man had let you down

17. Splunge

Media:
    Derek And The Dominos - Layla

18. BOC

19. Splunge

Media:
    Sharing horizons that are new to us,
    Watching the signs along the way,
    Talking it over just the two of us,
    Working together day to day

20. nior Gems: 24/31

That's definitely The Carpenters... We've Only Just Begun. And I don't need no Splunge to confirm it too. :lol: :grin:

Next one...

The room was humming harder,
    As the ceiling flew away.
    When we called out for another drink,
    The waiter brought a tray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.