1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I love "Music From Big Pink." I knew the lyrics but couldn't place them until I listened to the album. Good one.

Here goes.

Yes, I told you that the light goes up and down
    Don't you notice how the wheel goes 'round?

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I Think I Love You -- The Partridge Family

4. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    No to both.

Hint: One of the last hits of an English supergroup. God was a member.

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

reliably informed 'tis Cream as the group with Clapton as God.

6. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    You're right about the band. It is Cream. This song is off of their last album, "Goodbye Cream."

7. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    Ok. Either nobody knows this or nobody gives a damn. :) Anyway, here's another hint. These lyrics are from the beginning of the song.

Thinkin' about the times you drove in my car.
    Thinkin' that I might have drove you too far.
    And I'm thinkin' 'bout the love you laid on my table.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Crap. I'm not a big Cream fan, but I know this one. Lyrics involve a black car.

:grr:

9. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    No, Splunge, you're thinking of a different song off of that album. I'm sure you've heard this before, though.

10. Splunge

Media:
    Crap (again). I had to Google it, and you're right, black cars had nothing to do with it.

Black cars look better in the shade. :(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

That one line sounds familiar, like I may have it on cassette...

I'll be looking for is to answer tomorrow night...

12. Splunge

Media:
    I hope you're not refering to my post, because Dinsdale's Cream lyrics still need a song title. :)

13. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Media:
    Ok. I guess it's time to spill on this one since it doesn't appear that anyone is going to get it. The answer is "Badge" by Cream.

I cede the floor to whoever wants it.

14. Gnarfflinger

Just as well, I couldn't find the tape today...

"When I see the morning hour, I'll have one more yesterday
    I take life from tomorrow 'cause I've burned up my today"

15. Splunge

Media:
    ABC - Jackson Five

16. Gnarfflinger

Not even close Splunge. This one is heavy metal...

Hint: The Song was done for an album, to tie into a fad TV show at the time, and later re-released when the band did a compilation of stuff they did for soundtracks, and tribute shows...

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You obviously do not get Splunge's subtle way of asking for a hint... although it seemed to work.

Splunge likes this.
  18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

19. Gnarfflinger

That's not it.

The Song was from the early to mid 1990's. The TV show was done by the same guys from King of the Hill. The band started in the 1980's and is still going today.

20. Splunge

Media:
    I would suggest you claim victory and post a new set of lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.