1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, I think I know this one:

I Feel Love by Donna Sommer

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thank god for the 24 hour rule.

I see my Marianne walkin' away

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Boston- More Than a Feeling... funny how I never really realized that is what it said, lol. Thanks for an easy one to get the game rolling again.

4. Splunge

Media:
    If you didn't know that's what it said, then how do you know what the song is? :p

Anyway, you're welcome, and you're right.

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I just knew it mentioned Marianne in the song... and there can't be too many songs with a Marianne in it:grin: After listening to it again it must've just been something I've ignored all this time because it's really clear... there's my refute of your (hopefully) jesting accusation.

I could have caught up with her easy enough, but something must have made me stay

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  6. Splunge

Media:
    I think it's Dire Straits - Tunnel of Love

And yes, I was just kidding. Poking fun at people is about all I seem to do around here. :D

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

That's the one...

Oddly enough I got into my friends car today to take it to the store and he had Boston's self titled album in his CD player.

8. Splunge

Media:
    Sleight of hand and twist of fate
    On a bed of nails she makes me wait

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    U2 - With or without you.

10. Splunge

Media:
    Yup.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone

12. Splunge

Media:
    Especially when it's a Friday night, and I'm on SP while the wife is downstairs watching TV. :p

13. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
    Paramore - Crushcrushcrush?

14. dmc

Media:
  15. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Damn, i wanted to get that one :p

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Okay, it's been 3 days. I'm calling the board open.

I been to college, I been to school
    I'm not the people you read about in books...so:
    Here come a riddle, here come a clue
    If you are really smart you'll know what to do

17. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
    Damn, forgot about this thread, sorry guys.

I'd have been stuck for a lyric anyway, heh.

18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

I'm going in for hernia surgery tomorrow, so I will be off the web for a few days. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning to see if anyone got it. If you haven't heard from me, don't hesitate to move the game on.

I'll give a hint now: One of the most influential and important new wave groups. Song is from their first album, which came out in 77 (HINT!).

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

It was Talking Heads "Uh Oh, Love comes to town". The first song off their first album.

Boards open!

20. Splunge

Media:
    OK, something easy:

Son, he said, grab your things,
    I've come to take you home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.