1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    BOC, if those lyrics are from a Guess Who song, I'm drawing a total blank. Which is pretty embarrassing, since they're from my home town. I've reviewd the lyrics from their two 1973 releases, and couldn't find your lyrics. I've even Googled just the lyrics posted, and nothing relevant comes up.

@T2 - you're correct; they actually had a few hits prior, but American Woman really put them on the map.

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Splunge, they are indeed Guess Who, "Rock and roller steam" from "Artificial Paradise" album. I've just put the record on the turntable and listened to the song and checked the lyric sheet too, these lines are there. Anyway, since T2Bruno was the one, who got the band right first, he may continue.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I don't have that album, and I don't think I even know that particular song.

When I googled the lyrics to Rock and Roller Steam, those particular lyrics never came up anywhere. As a last resort, I went to Amazon.com, and listened to the 30 second sample they have; wouldn't you know it - the sample contained the very lyrics you quoted. So I guess I can't accuse you of lying. :p Weird that none of the lyrics sites seem to have it, though.

Anyway, since you've turned it over to T2, he's up.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Holy Crap! I didn't expect to go. I only caught on to your second hint though. Good selection.

'For millions of years mankind behaved just like the animals....'

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Keep Talking - Pink Floyd

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That would be it, dmc.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You can hear happiness staggerin' on down the street

8. Splunge

Media:
    And Wind Cries Jimi, by Mary Hendrix.

Or something like that.

:D

9. dmc

Media:
    Errr. Yeah, somthing like that. You're up Snuggle-P.

10. Splunge

Media:
    Thanks, McD

And after all the violence and double talk
    Theres just a song in the trouble and the strife

11. dmc

Media:
    Dire Straits - Walk of Life

12. Splunge

Media:
    Yes.

13. dmc

Media:
    Choke on a lie, even though he's the one who did this to you, you never thought to question why

I am pretty sure that the Splunge/dmc show is over with this one (i.e., it's not '80's rock, Rush or Led Zep).

14. dmc

Media:
    Hmmm. Hintage - band is a "supergroup", which apparently means that many of its members (at one time or another) were/are parts of other successful bands.

The song is off the first album and was their best-known song to date.

Another lyric, which should give it away:

It's not like you killed someone
    It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side
    Praise the one who left you broken down and paralyzed

He did it all for you...

15. Splunge

Media:
    Oh, I know this one. It's the song by that group made up of Geddy Lee, David Gilmour, Ringo Starr and Tom Jones.

Can't think of the name of the song or the group, though.

16. dmc

Media:
    Various past/present members of the band are or were members of the following bands: Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Primus, The Vandals, Queens of the Stone Age, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails.

The band isn't doing much now and may never reform.

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Just an (extremely) wild guess. Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike?

18. dmc

Media:
    Wow. I really didn't think this was going to be a stumper. The band is A Perfect Circle. The song is Judith. Maynard from Tool is the singer, so it's pretty easy to recognize his voice. Good song.

Try this: Hand grenade pins in every line.

19. Splunge

Media:
    Wow, dmc, you sure know how to kill a thread. Quit pretending that you're "hip" and "with it", and stick to the old fogey music (which is the only stuff that really counts anyway :geezer: ) :p

20. dmc

Media:
    Good lord, doesn't anyone listen to Linkin' Park?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.