1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 7

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nah, that's a Snow Patrol song but I don't have the name because I don't have the CD and the radio stations are too cool these days to give the names of all the songs they play.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Splunge, that's not "Death Metal"! It's obviously "Speed Death Acid Metal"! Get with it.

But, dmc is even closer (the song is actually called 'The Finish Line'), so I'll let him take the next turn.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It is not death metal, I am certain about that :p

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spend apart alone

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh good. Back to classics.

The Who
    Love, Reign O'er Me

(sometimes called Rain on Me).

6. dmc

Media:
    I'm a classic sort of guy. You're up T2.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Got it goin' on
    Like Donkey Kong
    And whoo-wee
    Shut my mouth, slap your grandma

Not quite a classic :D

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    Alright... fine... back to classic rock....

Lately things just don't seem the same
    Actin' funny, but I don't know why
    'scuse me while I kiss the sky

9. dmc

Media:
    Hendrix - Purple Haze

What was the other one?

10. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Purple haze" by Hendrix

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    dmc has it by a hair....

The first one was 'Honkytonk Badonkadonk' by Trace Atkins.

12. dmc

Media:
    Well mercy sakes alive good buddy,
    We gonna back on outta here,
    So keep the bugs off yer glass,
    An' the bears off yer -- tail

Apologies in advance for this one.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    You're just goading me on....

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Convoy - C. W. McCall

15. dmc

Media:
    I'm truly ashamed for you kuemper, but, you're up.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I love Convoy. Kris Kristofferson was so hunky! :(

*hides 45s of Pac-man Fever, Disco Duck and Rubber Biscuit* :shame:

Like a con who goes down for 20 years
    He remembers the faces of the judge and the jurors

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's Headstones (there you go with those Canadian bands again :) ), but I don't know the name of the song.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

That's the band. Sorry, but when it is required by law to play Canadian music on Canadian radio stations, you can't avoid it.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The song is number 2 on their debut album (I think) from 1994.
    I live my life like a terminal patient
    I don't make plans, just funeral arrangements
    Like a con who goes down for 20 years
    He remembers the faces of the judge and the jurors

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It was Headstones - Heart of Darkness

A new one for the weekend:

In the cool of the evening when everything is gettin' kind of groovy,
    I call you up and ask you if you want to go and meet and see a movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.