1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

aw man, i knew that song. not the lyrics though :D

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

And I don't want the world to see me
    Cause I don't think that they'd understand
    When everything's made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am

4. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

5. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

6. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Why drink the water from my hand?
    Contagious as you think I am.
    Just tilt my sun towards your domain.
    Your cup runneth over again.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] *Ting*

Hint-time.
    Not that I would ever guess this one, but others might.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn -- this tune has been in my head now for TWO DAYS.
    Yeah, yeah, don't think aloud.....

I'm going to have to google it soon....

9. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Alright, the band had a bunch of hits in the 90's, this song is off their self titled album in 1995, and the song is the name of a month... I'll give you guys 12 guesses for the song title :p

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only song with the name of a month I know is EW&F's September (November Rain wouldn't do), but that doesn't correspond with the year.

It should be october. The most wonderfull people around the world are born in October. Ask DR!

11. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Well it doesn't have anything to do with October.... Eleven more guesses!! hmm. Well the band has a lot of soul.....

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK. With that many hints, it's coming in a little clearer. Collective Soul. And I think the song was December.

13. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31

Correct... finally :p

14. dmc

Media:
    Keeping out of trouble like the soldiers say

15. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

dmc? Anybody there? Hint, maybe?

16. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dylan, Johnny Cash... probably not but they came to mind.

17. dmc

Media:
    That anyone needs a hint to this is rather sad. :(

However, to move things along, the band was mostly British.

18. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Jimi Hendix? Band of Gypsies were british weren't they?

19. dmc

Media:
    Nope. I'll post another hint this afternoon (my time) if no one has gotten it.

Wow, nothing. Next hint: this group was 2/3 English, 1/3 American.

[ April 09, 2005, 06:18: Message edited by: dmc ]

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm guessing The Police, but the song eludes me.

I suspect that, once again, you've postied lyrics from the middle of a song when nobody is paying attention to the words anymore. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.