1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't think we need a rules recap any more . . . [Edit - actually, it appears that we do, so . . . ]

Quote from a song's lyrics. Others must then identify the artist and the title of the song.

You must wait until the poster accepts the answer than you can post another set of lyrics (unless you are 100% sure of your answer than you can post another one).

Please use English, as it is the only language all of the Sp-ers know.

If it's your turn, you must respond with a new quote within 1 day (24 hours) to keep the thread going. Otherwise the thread may be hijacked by the next available impatient jackass.

If the person who's quote you've responded to does not confirm that you are correct within 24 hours of your answer, you are then assumed correct by default, provided no one else chimes in with the correct answer within that time or disputes your answer.

[Edit again: No bloody Googling or looking up the lyrics elsewhere, except if you own the album, disk or sheet music and want to confirm your memory. You can ask humans, though, because then you have to explain to them what you're doing and that you're looking for an advantage in a game with no money at stake and where you don't know any of the people except as gems or avatars -- up to you, but that's perfectly fine.]

BOC posted last:

Chico Fernandez sleepin' on his gun
    Dreams of Santa-Anna fighting in the sun

[ June 25, 2005, 08:30: Message edited by: dmc ]

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Hint time I guess. English progressive rock band formed in 1971. The band was named after one of the most famous baseball players ever (even I that I know nothing of baseball know him) and the title of the album that contains this song is also relevant to baseball. The title of the song is a nationality.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Meh. This one is not for me, most likely. But I guess that, seeing the Spanish/Portugese names in the quote, this will probably a south American nationality.

I know absolutely nothing about Baseball, though. erhaps when I hear the name, I might recognize it.

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Superb hints so...

Presumably "Babe Ruth" as the baseball player & name of band.
    I would guess from the "Santa Anna" & "Chico Fernandez" and the fact it's also a nationality the song title will be "Mexican".

5. BOC

Correct.

6. Carcaroth

Never heard of them/it I'm afraid.

Probable softball, a twelve minute masterpiece:

Well that went down like a lead balloon. More lyrics added.

Edit again,

Sheesh folks.

Grunge act that split up in the nineties and reformed recently, Lead singer had a reasonably succesful band in between. (I've mentioned the lead singers name in Whatnots recently)

Names of band is a girls name followed by something normally experienced by drug users.
    Song title is a length of time.

[ February 25, 2005, 10:34: Message edited by: Carcaroth ]

7. BOC

The band must be Jane΄s Addiction but as far as the song is concerned I have no idea.

8. Carcaroth

Song was off "Ritual de lo Habitual" if that's any help

I'm off for the weekend so if no-one else gets it within 24 hours BOC can take it.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whenever I think of Jesus and a length of time, I think of 40 days (in the desert) or 3 days (in the grave). If that might be any help to someone...

Seeing the text, I'd say it is 3 days. You people choose...

10. BOC

Since the 24 hours have passed and nobody has posted the correct answer:

He wakes up in the morning
    And he looks into the glass
    His face it reminds him
    Of the long nights that have passed
    And he wonders if she wonders
    That he wonders about her
    Well darling, you'd better (song's title)

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Must be a verb, or it starts with one.
    Hint?

12. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I thought you'd never again post some old metal that I would know...

Twisted Sister "Run for your life" from the '82 output Under The Blade.

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Hey! I was asking for a hint, not for the answer! ;)

14. BOC

Correct.

15. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

A chill runs up your spine
    it crawls into your brain
    The freezing touch of fear

It's driving me insane
    Although you try to fight
    Dragged from the silence where you hide
    'til you... [Songtitle]

Edit: The Band once defined the genre Horror Punk. Their first and most notorious vocalist is something like an Evil-Elvis-Wannabe. He has started a successful solo career.

[ March 02, 2005, 08:15: Message edited by: Darkthrone ]

16. BOC

Does his voice sound similar to Jim Morrison's voice?

17. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

More like Van Morrison

18. BOC

Without being sure, I think that the description of the singer fits to Glenn Danzig and therefore the band must be The Misfits but the only Misfits' song that I can remember is "Last caress" and I'm sure that it isn't the song you are asking for.

19. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

The Misfits is correct. The above quote is from a later period without Danzig (Michael Graves is singing - but who cares...).

As usual - if no one comes up with the song title within reasonable time (suit yourself), BOC should have the next go.

20. BOC

I hope that this one will be a softball:

I smoked my first cigarette at ten
    And for girls I had a bad yen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.