1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The Magpie can post a new song. Since you have confirmed, we can all assume it isnt a made-up song. ;)

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'll wait for Vukodlak; it'll give me time to think of something really evil . . . :evil:

Err . . . Did I say evil? I meant good . . . :good:

(Heh, I don't think anyone noticed . . . ;) )

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It was a made up song. Pete Seegar made it up. :grin: Think it was a satiric on Suburbia. I also am suprised anyone knew it as I didn't think it was one of his better known songs. In fact I recognized Pete Seegar from the hints but had to think long and hard about the song.

4. The Magpie

I heard it in a school assembly ages ago; one of the teachers reckoned himself as a bit of an aging hippy :hippy:

And, checking Vukodlak's post, it seems he won't be back 'til Monday, and I just can't wait that long :p It's not that evil, though, but I thought the lyric fitted the protest theme:

You were born in the 60's
    We made a war with the Vietnamese
    We loved LSD, we died easily
    Can we just say c'est la vie?

Bon appetit! :grin:

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yikes! Confusion reigns in the Song Game! :p

First off - Nakia, it doesn't matter how you know the answer; as long as you didn't just Google the lyrics, you can make a guess.

Second - technically, it isn't Magpie's turn, since he (she?) didn't guess the artist (and maybe not even the song title). The artist was provided by Nakia, so it's actually her turn.

But if Nakia wants to give to Magpie, that's OK too. :)

Edit - too late, since Magpie already posted. And I don't know the answer. :(

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Hehe, I didn't expect that to be so difficult :heh: Ah well, between them Nakia and The Magpie more or less got it - 'Little Boxes' (which are indeed made of ticky-tacky) by Pete Seeger (at least that's how I always saw the spelling).

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I concede to Magpie anyway, as I think he got answer to the song better. I had to find and then check a book I had. I knew the artist but not the title.
    The correct spelling is SeegEr.

I haven't the foggiest idea what Magpie's song is or who wrote it.

Edit. Seeger is correct. Sorry I do that all the time.

8. The Magpie

It's been over 24 hours, and no one's cracked it . . . You know when I said
    ?

I lied. :evil: In retrospect, it's really evil. Thus, I'm giving you all some clues:

• It has, in spite of these lyrics, almost nothing to do with protest songs & everything to do with baking
    • It's from the soundtrack to the most willfully surreal Xbox game I've ever played
    • It's Japanese
    Right, I hope that lot helps. And I apologise for my . . . eclectic taste in music. I should've realised how obscure this actually was . . . :heh:

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Apologise?! As well you should! hehe :p
    Realising I would never get it I used Google. And what an otherworldly result it came up with.

Should any SPer know of this evil I want her/him/them banned. This cannot be allowed. :p

10. The Magpie

Banned?! That's a bit strong! :eek: Should've known that this was a bad idea... but the link with protest songs was just too good to ignore :doh:

In a vain attempt to make this doable, I'm posting more explicit clues:
    • The band is a two-piece, whose name means "crazy food" in Italian. Apparently.
    • All their songs have some food connection.
    • The game it's from is called Jet Set Radio Future.
    • Although from Japanese families, the two band members grew up on New York's Lower East Side.
    Right, I can't do much more than that with out actually telling you what it is.
    Hope it helps! :)

11. Nakia

Media:
    Interesting. I gave up and googled it.

12. Takara

Media:
    I think new lyrics/song are needed here Magpie

13. The Magpie

Yes, well that is one way of putting it...

As Nakia got the artist for the last one, and I only just got the title, she should probably get to put a clue up. That, and I don't want to subject anyone to my musical eccentricities again, at least not without due cause. :o

If she agrees, and noone else objects, then I'll post the artist & title. But this will remain open until then, on the off chance someone does get it.

[EDIT: I just recalled Nakia's "what's your favourite word" post... Would that be in-ter-esting or intresting? :hmm: ]

[ February 17, 2005, 11:48: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

14. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Well "food" in italian is Cibo (I think),
    don't know about crazy though.

15. Nakia

Media:
    @Magpie -Intresting that you know these weird things. In-ter-esting- in that you should meet with a mind-flayer; or are you one?

Will try to give some kind of hint.

1) Carcaroth is right that Cibo is part of the name of the group.

2) The song seems to be dealing with a party. IMO it is one weird party/song.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IIRC, Pazzo is Italian for Crazy, but there are probably more words. Cibo and Nutrimente are words for food. But I never heared of a band called Pazzo Cibo or anything else.

17. Nakia

Media:
    I think that the 2nd part of the group name could be translated as 'fool'.

18. Takara

Media:
    *Takara opens up a can of WTF?*

I'm feeling like an IJ. Time for a new song me-thinks. Will IJ in a couple of hours if nobody else gets it, or jumps in first.

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

In fairness I think Nakia should have first dibs.

20. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks Carcaroth. I'll take you up on that.

Nostalgia getting to me, this should be an easy one.

However there are two (2) versions. So please post which version you think it is. Also post both the first & last name of the artist/composer.

"I followed your low hills
    And I followed your cliff rims
    Your marble canyons
    And sunny bright waters"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.