1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Something by Jim Reeves? Can't think of a song though. "Pascali Joe" maybe?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Come on, I think you can do better than that.

3. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Who? Me?

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't believe nobody has got the quote yet. Here is some more:

And forced him to land behind the enemy lines.

I must have heard this song a zillion times during this Christmas period. I'd better make it easy as I will be away for a while and people will want to keep this thread going. It's a Christmas song about a famous cartoon dog flying an old fighter plane.

When you get it, just carry on because I probably won't be here to confirm. Merry Christmas, my friend.........

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think it's Snoopy's Christmas, but, for the life of me, I don't know if Schultz wrote it.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, dmc, I think the "24 hour and not disputed" rule has kicked in.

You may as well post new lyrics.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yikes. Forgot I was the last poster here. OK, 24 hour (plus a whole lot more rule) applies.

Everybody's movin', everybody's groovin' baby
    Folks linin' up outside just to get down
    Everybody's movin', everybody's groovin' baby

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Love Shack by the B-52's!

9. dmc

Media:
    Correct, oh Master of Nuhn. You're up.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love that song. :)

Here is an easy one:

I was there when they crucified my Lord
    I held the scabbard when the soldier drew his sword
    I threw the dice when they pierced his side
    But I've seen love conquer the great divide

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

When Love Comes to Town, by B.B. King and U2. One of my favorite songs.

You who are on the road,
    Must have a code that you can live by.
    And so become yourself,
    Because the past is just a good bye.

[ January 03, 2005, 12:45: Message edited by: Mesmero ]

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Crosby Stills & Nash (and maybe Young). As to the name of the song, I'll have to take a bit of a guess - Teach Your Children Well?

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Close enough, the song is actually called Teach Your Children. It is from a CSN&Y album, although Neil Young doesn't appear in this song.

14. Splunge

Media:
    So you think your schooling’s phoney
    I guess it’s hard not to agree
    You say it all depends on money
    And who is in your family tree

15. dmc

Media:
    That's Supertramp, Bloody Well Right.

I'm going skiing for a few days, so whoever comes first can post some lyrics.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

morning breaks as you awake
    spring may call you have it all
    there's no doubt you bring it out
    oh see me through

17. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    'Cuz being with you is the same
    as never growing older'

Must be Novastar, when the lights go down.

I hope these Belgians and Dutchies didn't beat me to it.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You got it Nuhn.

Novastar is really good. I went to 013 to see them and it was sooooooo good! That guy can sing, unbelievable.

19. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I think half the number of my friends got an album of our southern neighbour, Apeman, but he's not my favorite.

So I got it again? Seems I'm doing better then ever.

She was married when we first met,
    soon to be divorced.
    I helped her out of the jam, I guess,
    but I used a little too much force

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    hmm, if I am not too intoxicated and the mp3 is not mislabeled, that is Tangled up in blue by Bob Dylan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.