1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Time will pass away
    Time will guard our secret
    I’ll return again
    To fight another day

I guess that it is time for a hint. Formed in London in 1969, they are considered to be (along with Uriah Heep) the pioneers of the epic element in hard rock and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden's leader) has said that they are one of his major influences. This is perhaps their most famous song and it is included in their third LP, which was released in 1972.

[ December 08, 2004, 19:27: Message edited by: BOC ]

2. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Huh, I haven't been here for the last days. Looks like this might be a task for Dark-T alright.

This is Wishbone Ash. Album is Argus. Song is Warrior.

3. BOC

Correct.

4. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

BOC is the only one who is posting lyrics that I can recognize. What's up with the rest of you? Get a grip on yourselves!

Now enjoy this one:

You go to church, you kiss the cross
    you will be saved at any cost
    you have your own reality
    christianity

Choke on it! ;)

5. BOC

"Jesus saves" by Slayer.

6. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Well, that one was easy, wasn't it.

7. BOC

Down from the glen came the marching men
    With their shields and their swords
    To fight the fight they believed to be right
    Overthrow the overlords

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think (and I'm not particularly sure) that it's a Thin Lizzy song called Emerald.

9. BOC

You can be sure that you are right.

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Keeping it a mystery gets to me,
    Running down the length of my thighs, *******

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooh, my little hungry one, hungry one
    Open up a package of my bologna
    Ooh, I think the toast is done, the toast is done
    Top it with a little of my bologna

:p

The Knack, My Sharona

12. dmc

Media:
    Right Splunge.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aw! I would have known that one. Come on, Splunge, give us another!

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry for the delay; I've had major computer problems.

I like smoke and lightning
    Heavy metal thunder
    Racin' with the wind
    And the feelin' that I'm under

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Lookin' for adventure, and whatever comes my way.

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild?

16. Splunge

Media:
    Yep. Your turn.

[ December 15, 2004, 03:47: Message edited by: Splunge ]

17. Harbourboy

I love him
    But when the night is over
    He is gone, the river's just a river
    Without him the world around me changes
    The trees are bare and everywhere
    The streets are full of strangers

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Showtunes again!!!

On my own - Les Miserables

19. Harbourboy

What do you mean "again"? This was the first show tune I have ever posted but given my recent posts in the Classic Book thread and the Desert Island Discs thread, I had to put this in. Your turn, T2Bruno.

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Splunge did one before....

W. C. Handy - won't you look down over me
    Yeah I got a first class ticket
    But I'm as blue as a boy can be

This has been remade at least twice....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.