1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That was "Rock On"...but I can't remember the guy who sang it. I know Michael Damien re-made it in the 80's, but I can't remember the original guy.

EDIT - Dan Essix? Maybe David? Somethin?

ps - Chili Peppers are da bomb. If you have to be old to listen to them...buy me some depends and flip on Matlock, cuz I'm ready to retire with Flea and the boys. ;)

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    David Essex is, I think, the original writer. Tori Amos and the Smashing Pumpkins have covered it too.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    D.R., when are you going to admit you're older than 24? :p

David Essex, Rock On is correct.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Probably on the same day I develop a taste for Bourbon or Whiskey. ;)

"Some people work for a living,
    Some people work for fun, girl I just work for you.
    They told me marriage was a give and take,
    Well, you've shown me you can take you've got some giving to do.

And now you tell me that you're having my baby,
    I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to...
    Well one step further and my back will break,
    If my best isn't good enough
    Than how can it be good enough for two?
    I can't work any harder than I do..."

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *ahem*

Hint, please.

6. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Ummm....it's an 80's song, and the artist who sings it was in a group at the time, has since gone solo and become rather infamous for his non-musical activities. It's not Michael Jackson.

Another lyric:

"Somebody tell me
    why I work so hard for you"

7. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll take a wild guess and say George Michael, "I want your sex". I't a shot in the dark, really.

8. Splunge

Media:
    I'll see your shot in the dark and raise you a wild guess of my own:

Because D.R. said the singer was in a band at the time, I'll say Wham, and since the only Wham song I can think of is the totally wretched "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go", I'll go with that.

9. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Damn, I guess I just read too fast and missed that vital piece of info. :o

I don't know any other Wham! songs, so I fold...

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Wham did freedom, but I've no idea about other songs.

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Yes, the band is "Wham!", George Michael sang "Freedom" after he went solo, and the song is neither "I want your sex" or "Wake me up before you go-go." That kind of rhymed. :heh:

Shall I give up the title and provide another song lyric so we can move on, or do you guys still want to try it? It shouldn't be too hard, it was one of Wham's biggest hits (next to the irritating "Go-Go" song, of course).

12. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I think it's either "Restless Hearts" or "Restless Whispers"...I just know I hated that damn song.

13. Takara

Media:
    I hate to correct you DR, but freedom was a big Wham hit. It came out in 1984.

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I thought you were referring to "Freedom '90," which GM did in fact release as a solo artist. I must admit I'm not familiar with the Wham! version of Freedom, and never knew there was one. Perhaps the "90" version is a remix?

15. Takara

Media:
    lol. We are both right. George michael did release a track called Freedom. It has no relation to the Wham track.

16. Splunge

Media:
    I think D.R. needs to post new lyrics before someone else invokes the Impatient Jackass rule.

17. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Oh for gods sakes. Alright, it's called "Everything She Wants." Okay, here's another one, same era.

"I can't believe it!
    There she goes again!
    She's tidied up, and now I can't find anything!

All my tubes and wires, and careful nooks
    and antiquated notions"

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science

Moon appears to shine and light the sky
    With the help of some fireflies
    I wonder how they have the power to shine, shine, shine
    I can see them under the pine

19. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton

Here's an easy one:

There is no historical precedent to put,
    Words in the mouth of the president.
    There's no such thing as a winnable war,
    It's a lie we don't believe anymore.

20. dmc

Media:
    Sting - Russians (or The Russians, don't remember)

The clothes she wears, the sexy ways,
    Make an old man wish for younger days
    She knows she's built and knows how to please
    Sure enough to knock a man to his knees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.