1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

okay, to redeem myself for that little paux pas i made earlier, i looked one up from one of my CDs ;) here it is:

Loaded, loaded up this gun
    There's a killer in me
    Hoping, hope that you're the one
    But you always run away
    When I come around
    I don't mind
    The day I'll track you down
    Terrify

edit: here's a hint, it came out in the soundtrack for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series a few years back

[ August 24, 2004, 17:28: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Garbage - Temptation Waits

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nope, fraid not

still no takers? :eek: okok, guess i'll stick to more mainstream lyrics next time ;) here are some more hints:

The band name consists of 3 words, the first of which is a number
    this song was from the band's "Thrown to the Wolves" Album.
    Again, it was on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack

[ August 26, 2004, 04:00: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Still doesn't help.

And yes, staying away from obscure bands is a good idea.

You should post new lyrics.

6. Four Star Mary - Pain

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Damn it, Charles Calvera, when I blast someone for posting unguessable lyrics, it takes away from the effectiveness of the attack when someone else subsequently comes along and gets it right. :flaming:

:p

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't worry Splunge, I've never heard of it either. Is Pain the name of the song or the artist?

9. Splunge

Media:
    @ HB - yes, it is. :p

And Charles (can I call you Chuck? :p ), yes you may.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yup, go ahead dude ;)

pain is the name of the song. and splunge, four star mary is not "obscure" :p else they wouldnt have been on the buffy soundtrack ;)

11. "Come crawling faster
    Obey your Master
    Your life burns faster
    Obey your Master
    Master"

12. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Master of puppets" by Metallica.

13. BOC

Throw down your gun, you might shoot yourself
    Or is that what you're tryin' to do?
    Put up a fight you believe to be right
    And one day the sun will shine through

Hint: They were one of the most famous and influential british hard rock bands despite their rather short career (1968-1973). When they disbanded, some of their members formed Bad Company. This song was in their 1973 LP (I think that it had reached No 2 of this year's billboard) and in the following years many bands (Savatage, Gary Moore, Axel Rudi Pell, Blackfoot etc) made a cover of it.

[ August 28, 2004, 12:11: Message edited by: BOC ]

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hrm, if i may be so bold, i think its safe to say that nobody's gonna get this one :eek:

15. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Hmm, I think I know the band - my parents play the CD a lot. I think the band is Free, but I don't know the names of any of their songs.

16. BOC

Yep the band is Free and since not even Splunge seems to know the song you may continue Alavin. The song is "Wishing well". Go Alavin.

17. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

"You came, you saw, you conquered
    Everyone,
    And I'm left here guessing,
    Oh, What went wrong?
    Yeah, I'm down,
    But not out, and far from done,"

18. Harbourboy

No idea - we've had 12 hours on this and not a sausage so we might need a clue.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.