1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

^You're right, I was confused about this. Anyway, here's one of my favourites:

"I have no free will," I sang
    As I flew about the murder
    Mrs. Richard Holmes, she screamed
    You really should have heard her!

I sang and I laughed, I howled and I wept
    I panted like a pup
    I blew a hole in Mrs. Richard Holmes
    And her husband stupidely he stood up

And he screamed, "You are an evil man"
    And I paused a while to wonder
    "If I have no free will then how could I
    Be morally culpable, I wonder"

2. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

I'm sorry about the lyrics i posted, I just judged Into Eternity as more popular than they really were, and yes it was Nightwish.

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Keep up the good work, lads!

*Sigh...*

HINT: He had that hit with Kylie Minogue back in the 90s. The track above is from the same album.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The artist is Nick Cave. As for the song I have no idea since "White Rose" is his only song that I know.

5. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

O'malley's Bar - Nick Cave

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven; I'm Floating In A Constant Heaven.

6. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

^O'Malley's Bar: confirmed. Brillant piece of work from Mr Cave there. BTW, it's "Wild Rose", as in "Where the Wild Roses grow". Just my turn of being a smart-ass. ;)

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

aarrgh, what about some recent ones guys? i have a pretty good memory but im afraid i cant really remember the stuff that was being played around my crib ;)

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We need a hint from Baezlebub

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ok, this one is a bit tricky. Not an oldie, this album was released in 2003, and got rave reviews.

People who know about Pitchfork Media should know about this.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    More hints! We need more hints!

Or new lyrics.

On a side note, continuously asking for hints is a great way to boost your post count. :D

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What is a 'Pitchfork Media'? Is that some sort of farmers' newspaper?

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think 'Pitchfork Media' is actually a term that encompasses every form of media used in Hell and Satanic Cults. Oh, and for farmers as well.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Have we been trying to solve this for 6 days now? Come on, get this game moving.

14. Splunge

Media:
    Alright, Baezlebub has apparently abandoned us, so I'm invoking the IJ rule, and posting new lyrics:

Asking only workman’s wages, I come lookin’ for a job, but I get no offers
    Just a comeon from the whores on 7th avenue
    I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
    I took some comfort there

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer

16. Splunge

Media:
    Correct. Go.

17. Mesmero

I feel so good
    Everything is gettin' higher.
    You better take some time out
    'Cause the place is on fire.

18. Splunge

Media:
    Sounds like Steve Winwood - Gimme Some Loving

19. Mesmero

Close enough. I was actually looking for The Spencer Davis Group, but Steve Winwood will suffice.

20. Splunge

Media:
    Ah yes, I forgot about his pre-solo band.

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    I'm not the man they think I am at home
    Oh no no no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.