1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, actually - coincidence. I usually post a quote from a song that is playing on my iTunes at that very moment. I have pretty much my entire CD collection downloaded onto my work computer.

They're 2 of my favorites too. Great minds think alike. And so do ours. ;) Go.

2. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Here goes:

The land of [song name removed].
    The land where you can't change lanes.
    The land where large, fuzzy dice
    Still hang proudly
    Like testicles from rear-view mirrors.

Good luck with that one.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Cake - Race Car Ya Yas

You picked the one Cake album I have.

What do you do
    When it's falling apart
    And you knew it was gone
    From the very start

4. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yup, the only song I ever heard with the word "testicles" in it.

Go ahead, dmc.

EDIT
    dmc, you should probably make a new post instead of editing your previous one, otherwise it can be kinda confusing.

[ July 30, 2004, 15:42: Message edited by: Djieff ]

5. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Um...Little hint DMC?

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    hints, hmmm. The song is from the '80's.

The name of the band is two words, the second of which is a D&D class.

The band's far and away best known hit was a power ballad that was revived in the movie Boogie Nights. For an additional cryptic hint, the name of that song (the power ballad, not the quoted song) might piss off Chev and Grey Magistrate.

As one last hint (that will probably give away the whole thing), one of the members of this band later formed a band with Ted Nugent and former Styx member Tommy Shaw (along with a studio drummer whose name I can't remember right now).

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, and I thought I knew the '80s pretty well...still can't get it after all those clues.

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

IIRC Damn Yankees were formed by Shaw, Nugent and a member of Night Ranger.

[ July 31, 2004, 13:38: Message edited by: BOC ]

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sister Christian, by Night Ranger.

And the member of Night Ranger who joined Damn Yankees was Jack Blades.

10. dmc

Media:
    DR - Sister Christian is their most famous song, not the one I quoted

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never heard of Night Ranger. I suck at this.

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

Night Ranger-when you close your eyes

"Could blood not be so sweet or flow enough to sustain
    two hundred nine tomorrow's rise and I'm alone again"

13. dmc

Media:
    In case anyone was waiting for confirmation, Icingdeath45 is correct.

14. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

Alright, I think you guys need a hint..it's from there newest album..they are considered "hardcore" or "death metal"..they were just recently on headbangers ball, two weeks ago.

15. Harbourboy

That hint does not help me at all. What is a 'headbangers ball'?

16. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

:eek: :eek: :eek: you dont know what Headbangers Ball is!? :nono: For thopse of you who don't know..it's a show on MTV2 that plays good music(metal)

17. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Would it be the one that you posted in the "What song can't you get out of your head at the moment? #2" thread?

18. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31

Yes xei it is..although thats the cheap way of guessing :p

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Whatever...

Might be a softball.

EDIT: Heh, censored kinda badly...

20. Harbourboy

Sounds charming. But it's not a softball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.