1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't remember the rules to this game but to avoid confusion, the 'prize' will go to the first person to correctly name the song title and the artist together.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Lost in your eyes, by Debbie Gibson, or Tiffany?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It was Debbie Gibson. Takara - you can go.

4. Takara

Media:
    This should be a softball:

Working hard to get my fill,
    everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice,
    just one more time

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Something of 'Journey' but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Blast it my first song I know and I don't know which one exactly.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Journey - Don't stop believing

7. Takara

Media:
    Indeed it is. Sorry Apeman, but you need both. Jack, you're up.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

One good softball deserves another:

I left my home in Georgia
    Headed for the 'Frisco bay
    'Cause I've had nothing to live for
    And look like nothin's gonna come my way

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Otis Redding - (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Correct! You're up.

11. Mesmero

And my dear mother left me when I was quite young
    She said "Lord have mercy on my wicked son."

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is that Canned Heat, On The Road Again?

13. Mesmero

It is indeed.

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I feel so helpless like a boat against the tide
    I wish the summer winds could bring back paradise

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooooh...that sounds like Styx. Best of Times, I believe.

edit - Since a quick Google search confirmed me correct, I'll proceed. This is one I have a feeling will be a softball for Jack and dmc, but here we go anyway.

"Vested interest united ties, landed gentry rationalize
    Look who bought the myth, by jingo, buy America"

[ July 21, 2004, 23:07: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

16. dmc

Media:
    Did someone mention me? REM, Exhuming McCarthy

I'm almost 100% sure, so . ..

"And later that night when the ship's bell rang
    Could it be the north wind they'd been feelin'? "

[ July 22, 2004, 01:01: Message edited by: dmc ]

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Apparently I'm the only Canadian who knows this one (the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves :p )

Gordon Lightfoot, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

"Can you tell me where my country lies?"
    said the unifaun to his true love's eyes.
    "It lies with me!" cried the Queen of Maybe
    - for her merchandise, he traded in his prize.

(This is definitely not a softball.)

18. dmc

Media:
    I knew you'd be back Splunge, and would rescue this thread. :)

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maybe I haven't rescued it after all, since I thought you might be one of the few to guess my lyrics.

It's a bit early, but this may need a hint. It's an older song (big surprise :rolleyes: ). The band is British and very well-known (but I believe now defunct), but AFAIK the song wasn't released as a single. In fact, although it comes from one of their best albums (IMO), I don't think there were any singles at all off of it (or at least nothing that got high in the charts). The lyrics I've posted are the opening lyrics on the album.

20. Harbourboy

That hint doesn't help me much. Hmm, well-known older British band, possibly defunct? Um, Level 42? Spandau Ballet? Simple Minds? Queen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.