1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always found the next line awkward: Let me take you down.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess I'll be the IJ this time:

This is a call to arms, gather soldiers
    Time to go to war
    This is a battle song, brothers and sisters
    Time to go to war

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hm. OK that was Vox Populi, one of my favorites from 30 Seconds to Mars

How about this one:

I'm so afraid of the gift you give me
    I don't belong here and I'm not well
    I'm so ashamed of the lie I'm living
    Right on the wrong side of it all

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    **psst** BTA! This thread has been on life support for awhile, and I think we're trying to let it die with dignity, so I suspect that's why us "regulars" are staying away. Well, that and the likelihood that we don't recognize your lyrics. :)

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yeah, it seemed like it would always eventually be resuscitated, so I tried :) If nobody wants to play, no biggie ;)

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I like the game, but I sometimes have no clue about the songs. You guys are into some genres I never listen to!

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Vox Populi sounds like an STD....

So based on the first line of the next quote I'm going to guess Herpes.

9. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Imo both this and the movie thread are still legit but they need to be populated with more descriptive quotes. Challenging songs or movies are fine - if the quote is descriptive it at least gives people a chance. If it's not no one will have a clue, even if it's from Eleanor Rigby.

"Yeah baby, you so fine ... uh! uh!" - not good.

"When I was younger so much younger than today
    I never needed anybody to help me in any way." - good

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    No, not Herpes. And it was Vox, not Pox :lol:

The last one was The Gift by Seether

OK someone must know this one:

Rover, wanderer
    Nomad, vagabond
    Call me what you will

11. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

"Wherever I May Roam", by Metallica

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Indeed :) Your turn gorgon82

13. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

I wanna lead you to an armchair
    Deep back in the files of my mind
    I wanna sit you in a candles light
    Where I been spending all my time

14. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

No takers? OK new song:

Eat spam from the can
    Watch late night C-Span
    Rock out to old school Duran Duran

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's the Bloodhound Gang but I can't for the life of me remember which song...

16. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

Here's the first line of the song, should give it away:

Knock knock Mr. Rogers, it's Mr. McFeely...

17. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

Well, it was Bloodhound Gang, no one seems to know the song was "All Your Friends Are Make Believe". Since he was close, I say take it away, reepnorp!

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Alrighty let's give this a shot...

And far away in some recess
    The Lord and the Devil are now playing chess,
    The Devil still cheats and wins more souls,
    And as for the Lord, well, he's just doing his best...

19. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Chris deBurgh. Spanish Train

20. reepnorp

Media:
    We have a winner!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.