1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 10

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Oct 30, 2009.

1. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been waiting forever to be able to jump in, and now I've stumped ya's:D
    Here's more lyrics from the same song:

"My child is crying
    My child is starving
    His mother's heart inside is burning"

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm thinking that the few people left who participate in this game probably don't know whatever band it is that does the lyrics (I sure as heck don't).

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I googled the lyrics. Never heard of the band or the song. The band's genre is not one that people currently playing this game are fans of (although people who used to participate are fans, so they might know the song).

4. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

Well then, I'll just take a step back and tell myself I win to make myself feel better, LOL. Please, continue...

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nah ... just choose another song and go again.

6. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

OK here's an easy one:

I hear you calling and it's needles and pins
    I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Easy is relative ... I'm certain I could post some CMA winners that no one on the boards would get.

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That begs the question - what exactly is the objective of this game? If it's simply to stump everybody, that would be easy - just pick the lyrics from song #7 off your 1984 album by some forgotten band that nobody knows anymore.

I always figured it was to submit something that was as challenging - but doable - as possible.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That’s exactly correct. I usually try to go with a song that’s had some radio airplay (although I’ll make an exception in the case of Rush for dmc’s benefit :D). It also helps to know the musical tastes of the people actually playing the game – for example, with the current participants, I’m guessing there’s not much point in posting lyrics from a country song.

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but this is certainly within the listening tastes of some. It's Alice Cooper - Poison.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My guestimate would be just some posters killing time... and what Splunge said.

12. gorgon82 Gems: 3/31

DMC got it right. Cool name by the way... do you run alot? LOL

13. dmc

Media:
    Gotta move on.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That's the song quote? It reminds me of that dreadfully upbeat one about "ain't nobody gonna break-a my stride" from the 80s but to my recollection the three words you mentioned didn't appear in that bubble gum piece of crap, the artist which I don't know and would rather not remember.

15. dmc

Media:
    Not that song (Matthew Wilder was the "Artist" by the way). This one comes three years earlier (had to look up the dates).

And if you want, the quote could be:

Gotta move on
    Gotta move on
    Gotta move on

There, does that help :p

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehehe! Ass. :D

80's huh? My guess is Lipps Inc's "FunkyTown"
    (And now I got that blipp-pip-pip tune stuck in my head...)

17. dmc

Media:
    Excellent . . . my work here is done. Your turn MoN.

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hold your head up
    Movin' on
    Keep your head up.
    Movin' on

:p

19. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That's Annie Lennox and whoever the unfortunate tool was with whom she formed the Eurythmics. Song Title: Sweet Dreams are Made of These.

I like some of Annie's work, but overall, and not to be judgemental, she's a bit of a freakshow. :p

20. dmc

Media:
    David Stewart was her partner and, technically, the song's name is Sweet Dreams (are made of this), although when she sings it, it sounds like "these"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.