1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Someone tell me the official date of release for NWN

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by griffin1987, Apr 30, 2002.

1. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There is none.

Your question has been answered. ;)

3. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There is actually a release date for NWN, it's just not very specific, but here it is:
    End of 1st half of 2002 (ie May/June)...
    But as the betas start next at May, then NWN would proberly hit the stores at around August or September (maybe as late as November, but then why buy it when you can wait 1 month and get it for free? Forget what I just said :))...

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This is the latest official word (posted in February):

BioWare's new publishing partner, Infogrames, has just announced in their press release that Neverwinter Nights will be launched worldwide in Summer, 2002. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you during the day today - we want to try to clarify this date announcement since so many people have been posting about it on the message boards.

Please understand that we are committed to releasing games when they are finished, polished and ready for the world. For a game as complex, epic and multifaceted as Neverwinter Nights, this is especially the case. The massive scope and flexibility intrinsic in the Toolset, the DM Client and the Official Campaign will be unprecedented in the gaming world and, as a result, we must carefully test every aspect of Neverwinter Nights. With a new publisher, there is a new plan for marketing, QA, localization and distribution.

To that end, BioWare and Infogrames now feel that Summer 2002 (which could mean as early as May or June) is a good conservative estimate of the distribution date - guaranteeing a game worthy of the quality inherent under the titles of Dungeons and Dragons, Infogrames and BioWare. We are still aiming for the same development completion targets that we were aiming for in the past, but Infogrames and BioWare both want to provide a safe target window for the game to be ready in terms of the things that are covered by the publisher working in conjunction with the development team - distribution, localization, marketing and testing.

This, of course, is wrong. May is literally here and the beta test hasn't even started yet. It would have been better to keep the original date of "when it's done", which is still the best date to give out. In other words, don't expect NWN before the third quarter of the year.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 30, 2002).]

5. Slayer of Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

At my local store thay are getting it June 12th 2002!(can't wait)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No they aren't. They just made the date up, same as every other store. If BioWare doesn't have an official date, don't you think it's highly unlikely some store would? :heh:

7. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Many stores are giving false hope to when NWN comes out. It's so funny:lol: I dont even know why!

8. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Lots of online stores are guessing end of June. So expect September and you may be lucky :).

9. ArchAngel Guest

So BETA testing is soon launched. I would guess that it continues a few months with mending and editing. now is May. plus two months. then some extra. Early August is my Guess

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] But but.. we have been waiting for so long allready! I wanna play it!

Boy it shall surely be a big dissapointment as this game suckes :)!

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

My gamemagazine says 21 Juni... Well I certainly hope so... I know they are just guessing.... of course you can pre-order some weeks before the release.

12. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Headbanger, you're Dutch right? What magazine is it?

EDIT: *sigh* damn typo's...

[This message has been edited by Magnus Magicus (edited May 10, 2002).]

13. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Tal, my local Software, etc. says if I preorder NWN with a $10 down payment I'm, guaranteed a copy when it is released (they say June 19th.) I'm sorry for sounding so naive (can't find the accent for above the i) but, is this a lie, and are they allowed to?

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    June 19th is when they (Software Etc.) are projecting when they will get the game, but you must know that they have no control over when it actually gets released. You're guaranteed a copy when it released, whenever that may be. :)

That simply means if there are hoards of people dying to buy NWN on the day it arrives in the stores, you won't be one of the unfortunate people walking away empty-handed because they sold out in 5 minutes. ;)

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Exactly. If you'd been following the release dates the stores have been giving out for the last 2 years (like I have), you'd see that they keep coming up with "exact" release dates, and when they come near that date and see the game's not coming out yet, they simply bump it to the next "exact" release date, a couple of months ahead.

Again, they have no secret inside sources, they are guessing.

16. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] SlimShogun, what BTA is saying is if you are going to buy the game (and with all your interest I assume so) go and pre-order with your down-payment and then 'when' the store gets the game so will you. This way you don't miss out and have to wait even longer. You don't have anything to lose by doing this if you are going to be buying it anyway.

I have my pre-order in so I know when NWN is finally released I'll have a copy in 48 hours. But until then all we can do is wait. Beside IWD2 will be out in 2 weeks and that can hold me over for a month or so.

17. Mike Smith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Our man, Mandos, was at E3 and he has it from good (BIOWARE) sources that the game will go gold in early June, and will go LIVE (BABY) by late June.

Check out his review at the link on our latest news, at alandfaraway.net -.

18. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Those bastards...

19. Taluntain

Media:
    I don't know who told Mandos that, but it's practically impossible, to say the least. Beta testing won't begin till early June. So what he's saying is that the game will go gold at the same time beta testing will begin.

Does that sound weird to anyone else? Especially since BioWare never announced this anywhere else.

20. Mike Smith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

From what I gathered from Mandos' review, the game is pretty much already good to go. Under this assumption, the betas, both of the toolset and the very limited game scenario, appear to be the final stage of testing from which they intend to fix soem final unidentified bugs and problems.

This is speculation on my part, but im very confident (or hopeful) that the information given to Mandos at E3 is right on.

The release dates given to Gamestop by PUBLISHERS/distributors are what Gamestop goes by, and the release date given for NWN is not June/July its a specific June date, which escapes me as of this morning .. but that I have been given.

Short of them sliding that back again, probably if there are a bunch of problems identified with either beta ( toolset or game) id hope that the release date would be firm.

Again, a lot of speculation there but I dont doubt at all what Mandos was told at E3 by Bioware sources. Im sure Mandos wasnt the only one told that, either.

Heres to hoping those people at Bioware who shared that with Mandos were right!

You know too that always after games are released there is a need for some patching to be done to fix things that have been identified by the gaming population, Im guessing that the toolset and very limited game beta, will serve to not only catch last second bugs but to give Bioware a headsup on working on the first (few) batch(es), which I think is a great idea.

Im also guessing that with Interplay looking to release Icewind Dale II out almost simlultaneously that Bioware would probably not want to delay the release of NWN even a day more than it possibly has to.

[This message has been edited by Mike Smith (edited May 29, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.