1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some questions about Christian religion

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Oxymore, Jun 1, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    We don't even differ so much here. No one is saved without grace and faith keeps you close to grace. It's also necessary to believe first. I however believe that works are an important part, contrary to Protestants who believe that works are just a result of faith which alone is to save you. Of course there's no way one is saved by his works. As I said above, repentance is one thing, but it's impossible for a human to give satisfaction for his sins. Therefore all would be condemned under Law.

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't know if the question: "why God allows evil?" have been answered. Though I think I have an answer: "Without evil there can be no good".(this is also a quote from Southpark: the movie)

I'll give you an example:
    Now I'm on holidays and I say "Holidays are great". They indeed are great because the whole year I was in school. If I wasn't in school and had holidays all-year-round now I would have been bored to death.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Alexander,
    Very good ,you are now one step closer to the canyon of total confusion :lol:

Without darkness there would be no light, without love there would be no hate.

So this can mean that God has taoistic traits, God has both good AND evil traits..

For another thing, many Christians say God is all-loving and INFINITE!!

IF God was love, everybody would love and there would be no hate. Because hate would find no place in the hearths of men since their hearths would be full with love...

But if God is love and infinite, love could not exist!
    Makes your mind go crammy huh? :D

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Morgoth,
    What makes you say that?

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Noticed the :lol: thingie? ;)

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It has.

Christian view is that evil follows life. Where there is no life, there is no evil. Evil is a result of free will given to humans (so both life and free will are prerequisites) who are not all good enough to resist temptation. The reason for free will is not acceptation of evil (that God hates) but granting the possibility of choice, as God wants humans to enter relationship with him knowingly and willingly, not under pression and not by default. If you *loved* a woman, would you rather have her submit to your perseverance and marry you for you to stop bothering her or would you rather give her the time and freedom to make an unbiased choice of totally her own that she would likely stick to for the rest of her life?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.