1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo Ranger/Cleric (SOA/TDD)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by LordNocturne, Oct 28, 2001.

1. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So, after talking with Tiamat, i decided on a Elven Ranger/Cleric. I've decided that i'll need to go heavy on Summons and defensive stuff, so Animate Dead and Summon Animals will be a major part.

Name: Karn
    Strength: 18/97 (Jeeez!)
    Dexterity: 19
    Constitution: 17
    Intelligence: 13
    Wisdom: 18
    Charisma: 10

**Karn opened his eyes as he heard footsteps coming closer. His body ached all over, as if he had just been thrown around by a large golem. Maybe he had. Struggling to stand he found himself staring at the ugliest person he'd ever seen. He spoke, but the words made no sense to him. He was too tired, and had a splitting headache.

After casting a few spells and inflicting more pain, the man was approached by a Golem.
    Perhaps this was the golem who had thrown him around.

After a moment the man teleported out and someone else approached. A large green orb flew at them and blew him apart. A little while later, a woman came and opened his cage. Karn told her to leave and headed off into the room she spoke of.

Grabbing a mace, a shield, some armor and a helmet he left... **

How's that?

Ranking system:

Easy *
    Pretty Easy **
    Average ***
    Hard ****
    OH GOD IT'S HARD! *****

First floor of Irenicus' Dungeon + Plane of Air ****
    Why you ask? Irenicus' dungeon is easy! You say? Not with Bugbears and Ogres that kill your summons in a couple of hits, you in a few more. It was tough!
    Further Bulletins as Events Warrent

[This message has been edited by LordNocturne (edited October 28, 2001).]

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] A DC (Human) Ranger/Cleric of mine got both cleric and druid spells when dualing from a Ranger to a Cleric. Keep us posted on what Karn gets. Good luck and have fun! Cheese whiz!

3. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Well, right now Karn has all of the 4th level spells. It seems that when he gains levels in priest, which will cause him toget a higher spell level open, he gets the druid spells for that level too. So he has a much wider choice for spells, and it would seem a DC might have been better. Too late.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Don't worry... Perfect games are never cool.. This character is already soooo strong, he don't need to be a human ranger... and of course Elven Rangers are much cooler then Human Rangers. At least this character will achieve a very low armor class.... :)

So what profiencies did you give him?

5. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Marnix, i believe 2 in Sword/Shield, 2 In War Hammer, 1 In sling, 1 in Mace.

6. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

This is your friendly neighborhood Shralp spam so Lord Nocturne can post again.

7. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

** Karn fell to the floor, gasping for breath. The portal had been one hell of a ride, and he wasn't really pleased. Looking up he saw a man, and got up as he began to talk. Shaking his head, Karn dismissed the man. He took his advice and raised 2 Skeletons and kicked open the door, the Skeletons heading straight for the Mephits. Karn attacked the nearest Mephit portal...**

Second Floor of Irenicus' Dungeon: ***
    I was all set to leave, just in the last area with the bridge. And i ran into an ETTIN! I nearly shit my pants. I ran away, but got caught in Melee with two Ogres who popped up. then Frenedann (SP?) showed up. I ended up using 3 Potions of Extra Healing. After that i rested and got the Ettin stuck on the bridge, summoned some stuff and kicked it's large ass.

I tried the Circus but got killed, so i'm gonna have to try again.

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Friendly neighborhood spam?

Yep, that sounds like a good idea.

Wha'd'you know, I'm famous! :p ;) :lol:

Anyway, LordNocturne, good story, keep it up; can't say more until it's longer, of course.

9. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

There are two reasons i have to discontinue this quest.

One: My last save was (note - was) when i was in the circus - no good, they were kicking my ass. But i probably could have continue, carefully, but i could have.

Two: My parents had some friends over. And their Children. Their children despise me. I go upstairs to steal some beer (hehe), they get on the comp. The little shits deleted BG2. I had to reinstall, but they got my save files too. Little assholes. Sorry folks.

However, i'm working on a Halfling Ninja. His beginning armor class was -5. Picked up 2 in SW, 1 in Katana, 1 in Dart. He's pulling -7 AC and 100 in Hide in Shadows/Move Silently. ooooooh YEAH

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.