1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo quest order?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thunder, May 10, 2006.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Certainly the planar prison is not bad for a PARTY. But this thread is for solo. I agree with Klorox -- too many bad things happening right away to a solo character. I've been avoiding it thus far.

Thus far,
    Circus Tent
    Copper Coronet/Slavers
    Started Chapter 3
    First of Aran's Quests
    Various small quests in the Graveyard
    Bridge District Murders (ran away from the Rune Assassins)
    Second of Aran's Quests
    Unseeing Eye and Rescued HD (chose the 'hunt the imp' path) -- also cleared the sewers.

I am currently working on both stronghold quests for my gnome cleric/thief. I am also working on Xzar's/Harpers quest. Currently at 12/14 C/T.

I'll probably do D'Arness Keep (FoA) or Trademeet (Acid Club) next. Although Umar Hills is very tempting (ARMOR!). Both the keep and Trademeet require fire or acid -- not many items a cleric/thief can use with those properties, so I'll just have to memorize flaming sword six or so times.

I keep reading in various posts that golems can't be backstabbed -- this does not appear to be accurate. I've backstabbed every golem I've fought (in Chapter One, Rayic's golems, and the one with the imp). Although I have noticed that some neutrals allow you to backstab an enemy near them and others become hostile. I even had Roger go hostile when I backstabbed the troll within his sight -- Powerword: Reload.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Done it plenty of times as a solo. It takes some reloading on those damn psionic Athasian halflings, but it's simple enough.
    In the patched and unmodded game (i.e. mine), it is accurate.
    I have to ask. What possessed you to bring the troll up near Roger? They're pretty far away from each other, and it's not like anyone else in the game requires seeing the death for their quest to be completed. :confused:

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only mods I have are the Baldurdash fix pack and unfinished business. The lesser golems in chapter one were getting backstabbed without unfinished business mod (i.e., only patched and the fix pack).

It's a bit embarrassing but my female gnome cleric/thief was able to do a backstab on the troll, but not kill it. The troll proceeded to to rend the little gnome to pieces. In the spirit of Brave Sir Robin ... she ran away. I was trying to use corners to hide in shadows, but the damn thing was too fast and the corners where you find it were a little too rounded. So I ran back along the corridor and built up a small distance, tuck around the corner, and **poof** like a shadow I am (I'm using Annah's voice pack). Troll follows, backstab, troll goes down, and suddenly I'm under attack by Roger the Fence. What a moron -- Power Word: Reload.

Now that I have blade barrier it may not be as bad. But that initial ambush is wicked for a party -- solo, I'm still waiting to gain a few levels.

4. gatsbygoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You guys aren't talking about tactics are you? The shadow guild quest was one of the hardest things I did on tactics and it's usually one of my first quests on the unmodded game.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Actually, I was talking about the insta-charm the psionicist has (what he uses isn't a spell) that ends the game nine times out of ten. :grr: Slicing through the rest of them isn't any trouble, but getting the psionicist down before he can get you takes some luck even with good tactics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.