1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Social Groups - Discuss 'Em Before You Make 'Em!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 1, 2008.

1. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
  2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Both Lab Rats' Sanctum and the Students' Archthesis on Uni-Verse are now operational.

I'll alter the name and description of the students group if anyone has a better idea. Have fun and start joining. :p

3. Fairie Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Media:
    The Student's whut? Does that mean it only applies to University students?

If so, why not a 6th Form Group or College Group? Or a High School/Secondary School group?

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Oh, :doh: I forgot that in English the word student means more than just someone going to a faculty of an University or College.

My mistake. The group is open to all students, not just University ones. Highschool and all other education programs fit the description.

I'll fix the group name and description. Thanks, Fairie.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I thinking of changing this to Molecular Microbial Geneticist, just to make it even more convoluted :p

It's also so true, which makes it even funnier (sadder?) :D

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like this idea. Not sure how silly my hat has to lokk to qualify though. :D

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

So, are social groups kind of like mini imageboards?

Sounds snazzy. How about an IRC RPers groups?

(also, what's the deal with friends? Is there any change/benefit).

Good to see new things coming to SP, anyhow. This one shows some potential :)

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I second an IRC RP group :) Especially as I'm starting my own soon :lol:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Aikanaro, the main thing about friends currently is that you can make picture albums only visible to friends and contacts. Check the main upgrade thread for more info on that.

10. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    How about a vegan/vegetarian group for switching recipes and such?

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

8peeps came to me and suggested a group for Left-Hand Path beliefs systems - E.G LaVeyan Satanism, Church of Satan, First Satanic Church, Theistic Satanism, Paganism/Dark Paganism and some forms of Luciferianism, amongst others.

I give my full backing for 8's idea of a moderated, private group to discuss those beliefs between believers, and keep the group to left-hand paths - the last thing I want to see is a huge barbecue between left and right-hand believers, so sorry, Chev, that means you won't be able to share your arguments with us. We just want to chill out and have casual conversations about our beliefs.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Editing the paganism group to that would make sense. Just FYI, the groups can currently only be made private to the extent that people need an invitation to join, but all discussions are still visible to everyone.

13. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

geez, i never knew their were that many different kinds of :evil:

ha ! ha ! thats funny, the satanista are no better than the christians at figuring out how to worship their high command. what a wonderful dichotomy.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    martaug, if that was serious, then you've completely missed the point of the faiths under discussion. I would advise reading up on them before trying to poke fun at them.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Invitations have the goal of making sure the group won't be turned into a huge barbecue by right-hand preachy elitists. Truth be told, if all discussions are visible to everyone, I'm also cool with that - maybe that will get people to do a bit of reading before poking fun of what we believe in.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Edited Pagan group :wave:

Nice to see ignorance flourishing in the face of reason and all :rolleyes:

How delightful one so educated and well versed can inform everyone in a highly intellectual and informative post on the inherent evil of religions of the Left Hand Path. You sir, must truly be a scholar! Thank you for pointing out such importance and clarifying all matters between the Christian and Satanist faiths.

We truly have just read a genius, ladies and gentlemen.

17. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Actually, I think that's pretty amusing and a valid point...I'm glad someone here appreciates the irony.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Geez, open a thread about it in AoDA, people...

19. Disciple of The Watch

I don't think so. I'm tired of the giant barbecues of Left-Hand vs Right-Hand preachy elitists. Obviously we're dealing with right-hand preachy elitists who have made no efforts to understand what the left-hand is all about and I'm tired of disserting about it.

I'm going to leave it at that before I get nasty and start throwing barbs.

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Sounds like one side is "preaching" but it's not coming from the "right." Anyway no one is trying to be offensive, DotW. No need to take it that way, really. We're all cool here, my man. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.