1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Soccer rules I would change

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by The Great Snook, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    substitution is the key. Unlimited like fieldhockey. You can change your style of play, take your time for an injury, take a hothead off before he does something back. speak with a playre while he gets his wind back.

I learned fieldhockey when the rule were different. There was offside(now gone), only two substitutions(now unlimited), and a lot of other small changes. I was learned to take my time during free balls. temporise, slow the game down. walk to the ball after it is out, not run etc etc..

Now the pace is much higer. We run our hearts out and go to the bench to rest. when someone takes a hit, he can go to the bench without worry to return later after treatment. It Really worked for hockey wich is tactical not so much different than football. Many payers do both.

I have been a trainer/coach with minors. I had one starplayer whit a temper. Often we got him out of the game for a while to cool him down. I can go on all day.

Why are the footballers so afraid to experiment. one goal, one f**** goal in a match.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I actually like the idea of keeping playing until smoeone scores and scrap penalty kicks. If someone had to score and there were no penalties to fall back on I think teams would be more reckless and not just waiting for the penalties during over time.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @joacqin - An excellent side benefit that I had not even considered. And that's not just me saying I don't like low scoring games. I understand that the players get tired, but all that would be required would be to give teams additional substitutions once the overtime starts. There are many sports that have a slightly different set of rules for overtime play, and there's no reason the rules couldn't be tweaked (like additional substitutions) in soccer as well.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    After watching the finals, I'm thinking the best improvement they can do to the game would be to get rid of the keeper.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They are thinking along the lines of loosening up the offside rule.

Also the keepers caught only a few balls each this game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.