1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SoA party planning advice (Monk + 3 NPCs) ...?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ineth, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Best to cast insect plague on one of your own characters (even herself). It won't hurt you and then it bounces on to all enemies in the area even if they are invisible.

Yea her plate armor, high dex, and shield (at lower levels where AC matters more and you don't have the prof for spears or two weapon fighting) give her a great AC which goes great with Iron skins. She is the true tank for physical attacks in the game. When you get her a str boosting item she really becomes great overall.

2. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ok, I'll keep Jaheira as a Fighter/Druid for now. She should reach Druid level 14 not too long from now anyways, so I can try out those 7th level spells.

What's special about those?

I had her wielding an enchanted Club + Shield most of the time, is there some disadvantage to that?
    (The shield did give her some nice immunities...)

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The Belm scimitar allows an additional attack per round, and that attack is always taken with the mainhand weapon. So if you use as T2B suggestion, and combination of Blackblood mainhand, Belm offhand, it would be the +3 Blackblood that would get the extra attack.

With spears, until you get to ToB, the only one worth talking aobut is Impaler. But at +4 enchantment with a bonus +10 damage, it really packs a wallop!

I also agree with what others have said. Jaheira is an excellent tank and a good healer. I can't believe you don't really like her.

4. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

IMpaler is +3 it is the poison spear that is +4 (not that it matters much impaler is great).

Yea in early SOA I like to use belm and a shield (harmony shield is great) with the girdle of hill giant str as fast as I can get it. I use that for most fights unless I need a +3 weapon then I switch to to black blood. I then put points into two weapon fighting and when I finally get to 2 stars I switch to black blood and belm.

My guess is if you do not like jaheira as a tank then you are likely falling into a couple of traps (one or more likely apply).

1- You are not using the iron skin spell. This is vital and it lasts 8 hours a pop keep one up at all times.
    2. YOu forget that jaheira can wear plate armor. Easy to forget since druids are not supposed to wear metal armor but it works here.
    3. You did not give her a str boosting item.

Number 3 is my best guess. Get her a girdle of giant str and get it early. Her effectiveness on offense will double to triple with just the hill giant girdle.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.