1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, what's this and how does it work? (Wish Lists)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The concept behind this forum is pretty simple. Wish lists on Amazon are pretty popular; many people already have them, and more yet will create them in the future. It's free and relatively easy to do, and quite useful when it comes to gift suggestions for parents, relatives, spouses etc.

What this forum aims to do is provide a showcase for the Amazon wish lists of our members, allowing other board members to view the lists, comment on them, make recommendations, pick up suggestions, maybe even buy items for other members, etc.

At the same time, however, it allows everyone with a wish list to potentially support Sorcerer's Place. New wish list threads will be opened by yours truly after you provide me with a wish list link, which I will convert into an SP-supporting link. Anything bought off your list (following the link here) will then bring a small commission to Sorcerer's Place. No worries, this doesn't affect the buying price of any items in any way, it is merely a nice way of potentially supporting SP. To make this work, all you have to do is give people out a link to the thread on SP where your wish list link is also posted.

Here's a step-by-step guide to getting your wish list featured in this forum:

#1. Somewhat logically, you need a wish list to begin with. If you already have one, skip down to step #2.

If you don't have a wish list set up with Amazon yet, you'll need to make one. To do this, you can either pick some stuff to add there from our games, fantasy books or DVDs stores, or simply click on the appropriate Amazon link below and search for it there:

Amazon.com - Amazon.ca - Amazon.co.uk - Amazon.de

Once you have found an item you want to add to the list, you will see an "Add to Wish List" button on the right side of the product's image on the product's information page. Simply click that button, and you're on your way to creating your wish list. You can always access your wish list from the "Wish List" link in the top right corner of any Amazon page.

#2. Send me a link to your wish list via Amazon. Find the "Tell people about the list" button on top of your wish list, click it, enter my e-mail ( sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net ), and include your message boards name so that I know who the list is from.

Make sure that the message you're sending out actually says "You can see YOURNAME's entire Wish List at: LINK". There's apparently also an option to invite another person to create their own wish list, and people have been sending me that too by mistake, but that's the wrong one (starts with "Create a Wish List at Amazon etc."). I can't do anything with that one.

Provided the list is set up properly, that is all you need to do, and everything else will be handled on our end. Your list will appear in a thread with your name in this forum.

NOTE: Make sure to check that you have a shipping address entered for your wish list, otherwise people won't be able to actually buy you anything off that list.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to PM me, or use this comments thread to discuss them. Happy listing!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    Bladezuez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.