1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, I was so excited for Minsc last night after the Red Dragon

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Heisenberg, Sep 8, 2012.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fascinating, I didn't know that turning the AI off would prevent them from leaving. I take it that that was NOT the case in Baldur's Gate I (WITHOUT Tutu)?

2. Isilion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Same thing in BG1
    There as well i got to 20 reputation from doing all the quests and i've never had an evil NPC leave.
    Turning off the AI does NOT prevent incompatible NPCs from fighting though. CHA will delay the fight and with some luck it won't occur. When my NPCs started fighting I reloaded and when I came back to that point where the fight started, nothing happened, so I believe it's based on invisible tests being made and not actual timers (well, probably timers for the tests of course, you know what i mean)

oh and I don't have tutu

3. Iuz the Old Gems: 1/31

AFAIK you can unequip the Ring of Free Action , then can haste or Imp haste , then reequip the ring and have both benefits.

The Staff of the Magi can certainly be abused by a high level thief using the Use any Item HLA. Of course that applies to many other weapons , mostly notably allowing the thief to backstab with Carsomyr.

Silver sword is probably the most useful of a limited field of two handers. Sword of Grief comes too late in the game and although its a great weapon , there are better two handed endgame options available like Ravager and Staff of the Ram. I will take instant death or stunning over poison any day.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sorry, you cannot backstab with Carsomyr. Backstab only works with weapons that a single-class thief can wield (without UAI).

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can't backstab with Staff of the Magi either as I've tested this repeatedly with Jan. It is still useful however, if you go in concealed with a normal weapon, backstab, then use the Staff of the Magi to hide and escape. Once out of sight, reequip the other weapon, hide, and backstab somebody else.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Right. I made the point somewhere in one of these threads recently that the Staff of the Magi is like infinite invisibility potions.

7. Iuz the Old Gems: 1/31

Ah ok .. my mistake .. I dont use thieves much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.