1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Snow

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What are you in the roofing business or something?

Let me tell you, here in NC we don't have flat rooves like you Floridians :p .

2. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Bläh...
    I dont really like it.
    It is everywhere...
    Too much..
    :(

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Snow rules :cool:

Whenever it snow here (which is not often) I just sit behind a window with a hot cup of tea and just watch the whiteness fall from the sky..........aaaaahh :xx:

4. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yes, Ragefest.
    Winter without snow isn't winter.

At this moment here in Finland we have ten inches snow, which isn't much. Sometimes we get snow over two feet :D

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh, see, we got ice too...tons of it. AND our power went out. It was one cold night last night. Now, if it had been snow like we were promised, then I'd be happy...but NO....

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Same storm, Sir Bel! :D Snow is awesome fun, especially when you only get to see it about twice a year. :p

It's lasted for three days so far, and we're having a blast. If only I had a rear-wheel drive car, heh.

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Taluntain, are you sure that it snows on the Shores of Lethe? I do not think so. Our weather sucks. Some snow/rain mix, what just sucks. Blääh.

Eze
    (The person)

8. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Well, we're lucky if we get two decent snowstorms a year, but when they do happen, they're usually 3-7 inches. That's a big deal in NM. And, I've noticed, the first day it snows, we almost always get at least a 2-hour delay (so cool!)

9. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Snow?? What is snow??

Here it only gets cold and windy, and maybe some rain and a little ice - but no snow.

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I bet Scandinavians find it all quite ordinary.

11. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I hate snow!!! Living in Canada, we have snow from between 3 to 5 months per year. 6 inches of snow is really not an event for us and we have snowstorms exceeding 12 inches maybe 5 or 6 times per year.

Since I do not ski nor any other winter sport, I really don't care about snow. And since we have snow for so long, you can understand that it is no big deal for me when it does snow.

The main reason why I hate snow is because I live in a big city where snow has no purpose whatsoever, where in fact it is mostly a nuisance more than anything else. It becomes very difficult to drive, and sometimes even to walk. Traffic is horrible and people living outside the city but working in it can expect an extra 1 or 2 hours of travelling time - that's only one way. And as it was mentioned earlier, they plow the snow on the side of the street where cars are parked until they pcik it up. So imaging how much shoveling you need to do just to get your car out of this mess. And at the end of the day, coming back from work, you now have to find a space where you can get your car into without getting stuck and needing pushing help from passersby. And when they finally pick it up, some 5 or 6 days later, you can't park on the side of the street they plan to pick up for a period of 12 hours, which is usually from 19:00 to 7:00 in the morning. So where do you then park your car? You just can not fold it and put it in basement!! It is hell I tell you, HELL!!!! :evil: :bang:

And of course, since I don't go to school, I really don't care if they close schools or not!! Work doesn't close because of some 18 inches of snow - you still have to make it to work, no matter what.

So as you can see, I really don't like snow. It could snow as much as people want on ski slopes and where ever snow is needed, but not in cities. When can we have a dome to protect us from that snow calamity?!?! :rolleyes:

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Actually, I do claims setup for an insurance company. That's why I was on the phone with many panicked people... As far as I'm concerned, snow is evil; it only shows up in cold weather, and cold is evil, therefore snow is evil. That's my opinion, anyway.

[ December 08, 2002, 08:25: Message edited by: Stefanina ]

13. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Snow rocks!!! Snow Bongs :xx: Nothing like them.

I like snow. It's fun. When it snows around here, you'll likely find this 29 year old boy out building snowmen (can't forget snowwomen) and getting into snowball fights with the local kids at the park next door.

I also like to snow ski, but have to go out west for good snow skiing in the States. Never tried snowboarding although it looks fun. Anyone here ever snowboard? Maybe you can encourage me to try it.

14. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Finaly some snow fell here, to bad it ain't staying for long... :(

15. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31

Veteran

If it snows here, in the middle of the summer (or in the winter) I'll be quite worried.

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@stormhand - it cannot be hell if its snow:p

17. stormhand Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] @ Ivanji

:o :p :lol: :shake:

You are absolutely right!! I almost hope that hell would transfer some of its heat during winter so that it wouldn't be so freaking cold! What do I mean by cold? Weather forecast for tonight: -20 degree celcius, and after considering the wind factor, it will feel as if it's -30 something degree celcius. And it was still +20 degree celcius just 2-3 months ago!!!

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, in Dante's Inferno, the deepest section of hell - the 9th circle - is icy. :)

19. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you, the wall of white outside the window is muffling all sound.

:D

No but really. We used to get a heck of a lot of snow down here, but last winter sucked, we didn't get much snow til January, and it didn't go away till May, though this year's looking up. We had a decent snow two weeks ago, and it's really cold, so we've got our fingers crossed.

20. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] there was some snow this morning where i am, just a few flakes, but i'll still be placing my bets on a white christmas at the met office in london! ;)

[deity edity] have just been outside. f*cking freezing, and there's snow on the ground!

;$2muchPerl;

[ December 10, 2002, 18:09: Message edited by: the god ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.