1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Snook's stupid questions thread- spoilers inside

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by The Great Snook, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Not to my knowledge. Maybe this is an item they can fix with DA2.

2. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I haven't been able to find any other way of emptying my bags other than destroying stuff or selling it. Oli's idea of the Bag of Holding is a great one, if you play the PC version... there's also a camp chest module that you can pick up if there are things you're carrying around that you don't need now but might want for later, that can be used to store stuff.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

What I usually do is make sure my backpack is pretty empty before I explore a new area as the game always tend to have mega item dropped. No need to destroy things.

Also make sure you get the maximum number of backpacks. I believe the maximum in the consoles game is 120 or 130. I don't remember off hand.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The maximum on the PC is definitely 120 slots. I tried to exceed that by duplicating backpacks and could not.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can do that with the toolset, BTA. Just open your save, click SAVEGAME_PARTYLIST to extend it, and edit the SAVEGAME_MAX_ITEMS value.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm... May consider doing that, but I rarely run out of room as long as I empty unneeded stuff between quests.

7. CelticDream

Media:
    125 is the max for PC (have the mod that gives me all slots so I don't have to go and buy backpacks). Since I have the full 125 I've not needed to destroy any items for a very long time.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just noticed there is a patch 3 for the PC. I'm running on patch 2 and so far everything is going well. Is it worth doing the latest patch?

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 6 seconds later... ----------

For some reason Wynne doesn't seem to be able to fix her own injuries, only those of others. Does this happen to anyone else?

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You need patch 1.03 for Awakening, if you don't run it and don't experience issues you may probably want to wait (if it's not broken why fix it).

I've patched my game to 1.03 and in order to fix a stealing bug introduced by the patch you need Nukenin's Stealing Fix. If Olimikrig hadn't posted the link for this mod I'd still be playing with nerfed stealing...

Happened to me last time I checked (I'm not fond of Wynne). It's a good question though and I'm interested if anyone knows of a way to deal with this.

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I have not patched to 1.03 since I had no issues with 1.02.

Don't let Wynne get injured. ;)

11. Caradhras

Media:
    If you don't play Awakening the only valid reason for patching is the "increasingly long load times" other than that it's not worth the trouble (judging by posts on the official forum, many players claim to have experienced issues especially game crashes with 1.03).

Sound advice but unfortunately sometimes she gets blasted for no reasons (there is no such thing as friendly fire). :p

12. CelticDream

Media:
    I haven't had issues with Wynne not healing herself - especially if her tactics are set to heal self if health is below a certain percentage point. I enjoy playing her, and actually crack up with the party banter between her and Zevran since he likes to make a lot of comments regarding her bosom and whether or not she'll let him cry in her bosom. Also some of her party comments to Alistair, when you're playing a female PC who's romancing him, of her noticing him staring at the PC's backside. Pure win!

As far as patch 1.03, guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who really hasn't had any issues with it. Wouldn't know about the stealing patch needed, mainly due to the fact that I've never really utilized the pick-pocket skill. I keep forgetting I have it, hence it's never used :lol: Only game crashing problems I've had, I've had since before the 1.03 patch, and I've learned how to get around that. Basically, when in Lothering, if I had Leliana in my party the 2nd time I went into the Chantry to talk to the Reverend Mother about Sten, as it's loading to the Chantry, my game freezes then crashes. I've basically learned to pick up Leliana at the end so I don't run into that problem.

13. Caradhras

Media:
    It's not about healing per se but about dealing with the side effects of injuries (cracked skulls for instance). Wynne can cure them for other party members but Snook and I can't get her to patch herself up.

14. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I know on the console games you have 6 quick slot abilities at your finger tips.

When I'm a rogue I keep the following in the quick ability usage list.

Stealth, picket pocket, dirty fighting, below the belt, deadly strike, swap weapon, and health potion.
    When you swap your weapons you have 6 other quick abilities.

When I play a warrior I typically have it setup so that the talents I use the most are listed with swap weapon and health potion.

When I play a mage I have my character setup with the most used offense spells and weapon swap. Once I swap my weapon I have the buffing, healing, and debuffing spells with weapon swap.

15. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Erm Cleansing aura is not supposed to cure her own injuries.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    If that is true, that is stupid.

17. Caradhras

Media:
    Stupid it is then.

18. olimikrig

Media:
    I agreee. It ought to heal/cure the user as well, but it's better than nothing if you're out of injury kits and too lazy to return to camp ;).

19. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

If you have an extra tatic for Wynne have her setup to use an injury kit when injured. Problem solved.

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Or better yet, see how many injuries she can withstand before becoming totally useless. :p

Unfortunately, going to camp will "heal" her... :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.