1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

snifff...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Lady Luthien, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Good news indeed. :) Anything else would have been unthinkable.

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Phew, that's a relief. I thought I'd have to drop my happy demeanor for a bit.

@Virne

Be more considerate. Some of us out here might want that hamburger.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Jaguar

Why would anyone want Luthien's hamburger? It's just all meat and sauce and stuffings and... Okay, I'm hungry now. But you won't get it, no matter how hard you ask. :shake:

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Great news! You go girl! :D

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I glad to hear you're doing a little better Lady Luthian. Just please don't fall back into the same trap again. Make sure you get the help you need.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And at the risk of giving unwanted or unneeded advice, you might want to consider staying away from ballet. The only thing worse than that for encouraging anorexia is modelling.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're doing better. :)

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

UPDATE: Lady Luthien says "Hi". Apart from that, I don't have too much news to add. She wants you all to know that she's doing fine. Although her treatment's hit a few snags...it's still coming along ("Slow and steady wins the race", and all that).

And that's all for this update. Good news, I guess; but I'm sorry there's not more. Just keep checking (and well, errm...and posting in, so that I can add updates :p ) this thread.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Eh... okay. When is our celebrity going to pose in the Sun? I can already see the HUGE headlines:

"Famous doctor's SECRET romance!!1" :p

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I wish all the best to Lady Lulu and hope to hear from her soon. We can't live withoud your Poetry!

*Hug*

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well, I debated on whether to post this, but here goes....

We all, of course, wish LL a speedy recovery and are very glad she is doing so well, but doesn't it seem odd that someone's personal illness is being played out on a pubic board, for weeks and now for what seems like many more to come? At the risk of seeming heartless (which I'm not), it just strikes me as bizarre that someone would want these "UPDATES" to continue, when the serious crisis is past and they are on the road to recovery. Just my opinion....and I'm sure it's not the popular one here...but it all just seems really weird to me.

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Spelly, I agree.

I don't want to seem heartless either, but I also find it odd that someone would post such personal problems on a board like this - much less through someone else. I know that this is a very tight community, but it usually takes a while for someone to latch onto strongly, and even longer before someone would be willing to openly post such a serious and personal problem here.

I also find it a bit strange that someone can be suddenly and so surprisingly hospitalized for a serous case of anorexia nerviosa, go terminal shortly afterwards, and then, in a matter of days, miraculously recover. It may be the truth, but I find it all a bit... rapidfire.

We've had such things occur here in the past (without naming names) and had many many feelings hurt by those occurrences. I certainly hope that this is as serious as it is said to be, because jokes like that are cruel, and seldom funny to those on whom the joke has been played.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to admit the same thing has crossed my mind, given the past event I assume Falstaff is referring to (and I know Spelly is aware of it too). But I just decided to take it at face value, and wish Lady the best. She and Faerus don't strike me as being the kind of people to be kidding around here, and if they are, well, ultimately it's their loss, not ours.

13. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have not been here for a while so I just recently learned how out of hand this topic has gotten.
    I just wished to apologize for the disturbance i have created (and of which I assume full responsibility).
    I am still in hospital but doing fine so there is no need for anyone to worry about me.
    Once again, I am sorry to have cluttered these boards with my personal problems which I had absolutely now right to do. Nonetheless I thank you dearly for your support.
    I cannot say when I will be back, it depends on a lot of things, but I sincerely wish you all the best.

14. Register Gems: 29/31

I do not think that you should be sorry, at all. After all, if they didn't wanna care about it, they didn't need to.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

This thread is still open, isn't it? No harm done then. ;)

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Now that the seriousness of the thread has passed, I feel I can post this from Spelly:

What exactly would that be?

17. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, lady, you shouldn't apologise for putting your problems on here. The reasons for some comments in the last posts above you is that they don't understand why you felt the need to put your problems on here since they wouldn't have started a thread over it. But if you prefer to use that way to inform the community, by all means, go ahead. Every personality is unique and it would be boring otherwise :D

btw, :rolleyes: I know that last sentence was very cliche but couldn't help myself :p ;) :D

18. Splunge

Media:
    Actually, the main reason for my last comments (and I assume Spellbound's and Falstaff's as well) is that, a few months back, there was a very similar thread which turned out to be a hoax (don't ask for more details, because Tal made it very clear at the time that further discussion of specifics was not permitted). Due to the closeness of the SP community, people felt a certain amount of betrayal. So now similar threads are viewed with some degree of skepticism by those people who were aware of the hoax .

Anyway, Lady, I'm glad you're feeling better. Please don't think that we don't care, because we do. It's unfortunate that the past actions of a couple of jerks playing a sick joke ends up tainting a thread such as this one which presumably is legitimate.

[ May 05, 2004, 22:22: Message edited by: Splunge ]

19. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Aldeth -- Splunge summed it up. Nuff said.

20. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Ditto Splunge and Ditto Spelly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.