1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

snifff...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Lady Luthien, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You don't want to know what I thought it would be... :D

I'm a guy with 0.107 tons of bone, fat and muscle, and I'm 182 or some such.
    Well, you know what they say. Muscle weigh more than fat... ;) :p :D

2. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Sure they are, and I like to have a small eclair or something once in a while.. The lowdown is that I feel incredibly guilty afterwards. :sosad:
    No actually, eating isn't something I really like as a process...
    Anyway, Caleb, I agree with you. I do believe my weight is fine though no one here seems to think so, which is causing me all sorts of problems. I've been trying to reach 40kgs and been doing fine until these guys come along telling me I have to get fat :whoa: .
    I'll never understand doctors anyway :(

3. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] Unfortunately, I would have to disagree with Caleb. 42.3kilos and 167cm height gives a BMI of 15.2. BMI is a relatively rough measurement but a BMI range of 20-25 is considered a 'normal healthy' weight.

Regardless I sincerely hope that you get better soon, Lady Luthien.

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Get well soon, young Lady. :aww: Try to lay off the excercise for a few days.

I wish I could lose a little more. I've been working at getting down to about 93kg for almost 9 months now. 5 more to go, this week. :)

/me gives LL the extra 11 lbs (5kg) hanging around his middle section.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The general consensus among the women in my office is that 5' 6" and 93.25 pounds is not healthy.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    More on Body Mass Index (BMI) here (coincidentally, msn.ca has a link to this site today).
    Lady Luthien, even though you are still a teenager, I'd say you are definitely too thin with a BMI of 15.2. And ignore what Caleb says; I'm about the same height as him, and when I was his age, I was about 8kgs heavier, and was one of the thinnest guys at school.

7. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

@LL

Sounds to me like the problem isn't what you eat, how much you eat, or even what you weigh.

Sounds like the problem is how you feel about yourself when you do eat.

Get Well Soon.

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

How or why did you lose that much weight in such a short time anyway?

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heh, Splunge, you must've been into a very big( :p ) school or been very shortfor your age. I am not even close to being the thinnest guy in school. Also, I am only a few months older that LL, so being a teenager doesn't explain it ethier.

The bad news with being this small is that I have also been losing my hair much faster than other people. If I don't gain weight soon, I will be balled when I am 23-25. :D

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hey, women love bald men you know.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, maybe Swedes are generally thinner than North Americans (and I comparing to North Americans of 30 years ago, not today's fatties. :p )
    Are you intentionally trying to tempt me to heap abuse upon you? :p :p

Edit: but you might have something there; I am severely follically challenged myself.

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm pretty sure size has absolutely nothing to do with baldnes. My big brother's 6'1, and about 315 lbs (so, err 183 cm and 143 kg) and he's going bald (he's 21 now, but he started losing his hair when he was about 17-18).

But, back on topic...I think Hacken Slash is onto something there Lady...listen to his words of wisdom (if mine don't suffice). As well as the opinions of the ladies at The Great Snook's office...

Later Lady. Please get better. :(

13. Register Gems: 29/31

Splunge, I didn't know how bald was spelled, so I just took the best spelling I could make up. Also, it is 03.00 in the morning here, I am too tired to think, I think. :D

Faerus, it is not size, but the fact that I only eat 4-5 times per week that is the reason that I will not have any hair and be balled when I am 23-25.

Also, my BMI is 16.2, for the record, so that may be a bit low.

14. Splunge

Media:
    @ Caleb - I know, I shouldn't poke fun at people whose first language isn't English. But you have this tendancy to choose exactly the wrong words in certain situations (like saying how "long" you are, instead of "tall" :p ), and me being the idiot I am, I find it hard to resist taking a shot. :D

On topic - HS, you said it very well.

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

UPDATE: Lady Luthien has agreed to admit herself to hospital today, April 23. She will be treated for a (severe) case of anorexia nerviosa. Unfortunately, it will likely be some time before any estimate as to the amount of time she'll be staying in hospital can be made.

I'll post more updates as they come to me, either from her or her friends.

If you're the praying type, I ask that you keep the good Lady in your prayers.

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

This is so serious.
    My best wishes to you, Luthien. I really hope you find way out of this.

17. Splunge

Media:
    Hopefully you get the help you need, Lady Luthien.

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good for her! It seemed pretty apparent that she had a problem. Now she can get the real help that she so needs.

Best wishes to you Lady Luthien. Admitting that it is a problem and needs to be treated is the first step in becoming healthy once more.

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

I'll offer her an extra hamburger once she gets back -with all the extras and sauces :D

(Hopefully it's "just" some attitude problem -not fysiological)

20. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] I'm not really the praying sort, but in this case, I
    think I am willing to make an exception.

My prayers go out to both Lady Luthien and her family.

I sincerely hope she recovers soon and the French health service doesn't just consider an anorexic at the correct weight to be cured, but is willing to treat the psychological problems behind the low weight.

Not sure what else to say behind a repeat of I hope she recovers soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.