1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smoking

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Montresor, May 22, 2007.

1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

:lol: Oh, that's good! Even just the image of a smoking cyclist - talk about one step forward, two steps back! :D

And Barmy?
    Ahem. Yer hooked. *shrug*

Guess we won't know for sure unless/until a driving-while-smoking ban comes into effect. Mind, I'm quite sure the authorities will make punishment more severe for a motor vehicle accident where the driver at fault was distracted for a reason such as this...

Yet you still break the law, albeit rarely... I'd be willing to say that you're not yet addicted to mary jane but we still can't conclude with any certainty about what MIGHT happen; it's not that I don't think you don't know yourself well enough, or that I don't trust you - it's more that I don't trust ANYONE to know themselves to speak of a hypothetical situation with full assurance (heck, I barely trust myself :lol: )

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's so great that smoking is banned from pubs in New Zealand. In England your clothes all reek after going to the pub.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not the case soon mate. It'll be banned in any public places. Bit silly if you ask me!

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bit brilliant, you mean. Who wants to have to dryclean their jacket every time they go to the pub because it smells like the inside of an ashtray? How can you spot hot girls on the other side of the bar through the thick haze of smoke?

I'm not looking forward to going back to the smokey pubs when I am back in England later this year.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Later this year they'll be clean as a babies arse mate. July 1st I think the nation wide ban is. So after that, you'll be alright.
    Pubs and restaurants are fair enough, but what about clubs? You can't really leave the club to go for a fag, they won't let you back in! Not sure how they're gonna tackle that. Clubs without smoke just won't seem right! Can't imagine it.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Most clubs here simply have smoking areas - whether it be a small fenced off area outside, a courtyard out the back, or a rooftop 'garden'. But then, most clubs don't have cover fees around here, so it's not really a huge issue.

7. Harbourboy

That smelly, huh?

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Heck, I don't even smoke, and I'd expect to have to peer through a haze when I go into a bar! That's just how ingrained an association or tradition can get - no matter how irrational and unhealthy it may be. :bad:

:idea: Heh, the 'contextual Google ads' for this are now "Smoking Pregnancy - Learn about some of the health risks associated with cigarettes." and "Smoking ban solutions - Infrared shortwave heater with IP65 to stay warm outside at any time." :lol:

Maybe this targeted advertising thingy could help debate and discussion in some cases - anti-ban people can't argue about falling ill from being forced outside in cold weather - there's heaters available! :hahaerr:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.