1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Slaying the Dreaded Demilich!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zephyr Angel, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Last time, I had more trouble killing the first lich. I used the death spell to remove the Elfrit, and with my paladin could use true sight and dispell magic, but it was hard.
    When the demi-lich appeared, I turned into the Slayer and it was OK, but I prayed it wouldn't last too long. Please don't say it's cheesy, Kangaxx is not your usual foe, I call it a nice trick.
    But when I don't play a paladin, I use a berserker with the improved mace of disruption, and it works every time.
    Sorry to be back on topic.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It's certainly not cheesy. In fact, if you're playing an evil character, it makes sense to turn into the slayer. The ultra-goodies don't want to take the 2 point reputation hit, but if the programmers didn't intend for you to use the slayer form, it wouldn't have been included in the game. As for whether or not they intended the slayer to be immune to imprisonment, I think the answer is yes. So no, it's not cheesy IMO.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Turning into the Slayer isn't cheesy or cheating. It's an official feature in the game and while it might take all the fun out of fighting Kangaxx, it's still definitely within the rules of the game.

4. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

On-topic:

It's a smart use of the resources you have. From a roleplaying POV, it's even better - you're a paladin and you have to embrace the darkest side of yourself to survive. Poetic and effective (and above all else, completely fair).

Off-topic:

Fair call. I'm not going to argue on this one - it's gone far enough and I'll concede the ground here. No boxing gloves necessary (two months of that was enough to scramble my brains anyway) :hahaerr:

5. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Off Topic as well:
    Oh yeah,the programmers care so passionatly that they're losing sleep over the fact that they didn't program tolgerias to not have the ring on his body if you steal it before. If they really cared that much then they would have programmed it to work that way; they knew the game and your abilities, so if you want to put your argument as "What the programmers intended" don't be shoving it in my face... The patch doesn't even fix it, so obviously it's not important. Besides, who cares? If it's not realistic to you, don't do it! If it is, do it! The programmers tried to make the game a realistic environment, and I really don't care if people take advantage of this. Besides, if it mattered they'd have made tolgerias un-pickpocket-able.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    We're not shoving anything in your face. The point of the entire topic is to discuss non-cheesy, legitimate ways to defeat the demi-lich. We were merely pointing out that getting two RotR is a cheesy way. As you will find from the hard-core fans of this site, we hate cheesy. As far as we're concerned, if you're going to cheese your way through a fight, you may as well just use ctrl+y and save yourself the trouble...

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

@ GodRules44: I agree 100% with you. However, this off-topic discussion/argument has gone on long enough, and really should just be left to gather dust. I haven't changed my opinion, it's more that people fundamentally disagree and keeping things going doesn't resolve anything. Simply going by programming intent, "fake-talking" is legitimate because that's how NPCs behave.

But hey, in the interest of sanity, we should let this off-topic bit die peacefully. Can't we all just get along? :confused:

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

My friend killed him using Sunray and False Dawn only.

9. david w Gems: 19/31

Then your friend cheated as a Demilich is immune to those spells.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Im pretty sure he didnt as he does not have SK nor acsess to internet

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.